PDA

View Full Version : Stigma prodogy 4,5 or 10W motor?

Studio23
04-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Hello guys. I want to buy the new Prodigy machine from Stigma but I'm wondering if I need the 10W motor. The biggest magnum needle that I use is 25 and I use that very rarely. I work mostly with 7,9,15 mags. Have some of you ever used the 10W motor and how does it feel compared to the 4,5W. I think that all I need for now is just the 4,5 but I would love to read more opinions on that.

Thank you. Great forum.

Jack Steel
04-27-2013, 03:20 AM
well i can only speak for myself
but my machines push up to a 45mag easy with a 4watt motor
my thaughts are if u use the 10watt version is that it's not suitable for fine detailed work (to much power)?
i could be wrong

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 11:44 AM
ACTUALLY u never gonna use 10 WATT of power, also u never gonna use 4.5 watt, so i don see the benefit of this powerfull motors

for calculate the power u use when u done tattoos is very easy, this is the OHM LAW, VOLTS X AMPERE = WATTS

EXAMPLE, u run your STYGMA HYPER an 10 volts, and absorb we can suppose a amximum of 0.3 ampere, so 10 x 0.3 = 3 watt, so u sty use 3 watt of power, so why u need a 10 watt motors ???

IM A BIG FAN OF ARTEMIS AND ALL HIS STYGMA, I THINK HIM IS THE ROTARY KING, BUT THIS TIME I NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HIM WANNA DONE WITH A 10 WATT POWERFULL MOTOR....

slicksteel
04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Maybe he want to be able to push large mags like 50 like tabori. for many hours for large scale work-machine will have power to not overheat or bog down.

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 11:52 AM
im not sure about this SLICKSTEeL, becouse normally more WATT have a motor,and more AMPERE absorb,

have something strange on this...

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 11:54 AM
ANOTHER THINGS, have very small people around the world can able to use 35 or more magnum needles, is very difficult this, not for everybody,
for this kind of MAGNUM CONFIGURATIONS the coils still the best, more strong

Studio23
04-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Well, I gotta say that you guys helped a lot! I'm gonna buy the 4 watt and be happy with it. I love coils but step by step I want to use rotary as much as possible moslty because of their weight. I'll wait till monday and order one with the adjustable excenter!

The machine look awesome by the way!

No Iron Machines
04-27-2013, 12:40 PM
No waith studio 23, for sure the 10 watt motor have is vantage, ask artemis becouse him his very cool guy, so gonna explain exactly the difference

tattood
04-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Id think the builder of the stigma knows exactly what he is doing, as his machines are top notch. Id give him the benefit of the doubt and if hes offering a 10 watts motor there is most likely a very good reason. Email and ask him about the advantages ?

PHILink TATTOOz
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
i think the 10w motor is more for ttech situations. although i use ttech with 4.5w and have no issues (beast user)

jesoner79
04-28-2013, 02:10 AM
the 10 wat is so the life of the motor is extended under the constant on off action we use and the resistance of the tensioners and skin and dried ink the motor will never get hot cuz u are not using any where near the amount of power to make it overheat

cink13
05-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Hello Jesoner79,

I have not understand what you mean. I'm very interesting to buy a Prodigy machine & i' m so curious to get well the difference between 4,5 & 10. I focused on 10 anyway, thx for getting me clearly :) Cheers guys

Jonathan Tylor
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
I own and use two V3s everyday. I noticed, after using em for over 6 months (and gotten comfortable using them), I couldnt drop larger group lines (with ease) or work my larger mags the way I wanted because of the limitation of the 4.5 watt motor bolt. After alot of consideration I decided to try the Prodigy (for the give) with the 10 watt motor. I couldnt be more pleased with its performance, this thing is every mans dream. Its not the prettiest but the authority it wields is no joke. Im not interested in using it for smaller groups as my V3's do a great job but if I need some extra beef I turn to my 10 watts of heaven.

The Ink Project
06-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Hi guys!! i own a prodigy with the 10w motor 15 days now, and the only thing that i have to say is this.....Artemis just mak my dreams come true!!! this piece of art, is amazing!!

Ruben Barahona
09-07-2013, 09:42 AM
I havent tried the 4.5 motor, I got the prodigy with a 10 w motor, however I have two bizarres that came with the built in motor 4.5. and I think the only difference is how fast you can saturate color, there is not need to bust the volts to do it. with 7 you are able to pack color in most of the skin types. very strong and nice machine. I'm about to get another one. However there is a little bit more of vibration and after long sitting my hand hurst a little but the machine is a monster with the motor.. I love it... I prety much use it for all my color packing and the bizarres only for soft shading. hope this helps

cagelavey
09-07-2013, 12:18 PM
I heard there is side to side play in the prodigy's armature. is this true?

chris-in-cali
09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
10 watt motor to pack or blend color??...thats overkill

i use a 10 watt motor....but it is for pushing a 14rl or 8rs for big bold one pass lines.......for that....the 10 watt motor is perfect for me....because you get the torque and power at lower volts.....none of the infamous vibration that is associated with alot of rotaries when cranking up the volts to line

cagelavey
09-07-2013, 07:24 PM
so is there any side to side play in the prodigy, like ive heard? and if so how much of a problem is this?

bluerocker
09-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Im using 2x 4.5w motors on 3 beasts and a prodigy and have no power..heating..exhausted problems at all...no side wobble issues at all...along with my v3s...all 3 models are more than adequate for what I do...I use standard needles and disposables no cartridges at all...and rarely go above a 15mag...after a full 10 hour day...they cool as they were when I started....keep the ink from dryin on the needles..keep well maintained and lubed correctly...not to much tension on tje needle retainer...these motors gunna last years...not tried.the 10w I must add...and like said...the stigma team just wouldnt release something that was pointless or unusuable so it obv has a place and purpose...and again like it been said...if ya pushing a 45 mag cartridge....thats alot of resistance so the extra juice would obv be benefial to the motor life....suppose ya wouldnt use a sledge hammer to hang a picture nail