PDA

View Full Version : Scar cover-up in progress

horikaiju
04-28-2013, 12:40 AM
I started this today, so I figured I'd share it. It was done using a Triple Black "Old Timer". I've seen a lot of tattoos done with rotaries and everyone has their preferences for which machine does what, but one thing I noticed was that many avoid using a DDO when it comes to outlining. For me using the Old Timer was like using a vibrating sharpie, so smooth. More pictures to follow as it progresses. Sorry for the sideways view, it won't let me change the orientation from the original file.

ps...can you tell where she giggled the most?

OwlsDen
04-28-2013, 08:14 AM
It looks good and most of the lines look clean. What needle and tube configuration did you use. The only time I have used a DDO for lining ( in recent years ), I was using a very tight tube to stop the side to side motion and a very large 14rl. I found it worked very fast and easy but I felt like I had to hurry to keep up. The tattoo healed wonderfully but I doubt my client enjoyed the experience.

skinmech
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I use my Old Timer for lining with 9rl upwards very regularly....I prefer a v-tip/Diamond tip set up.....Wrath are particularly good when using a DDO, as they are "very snug"...Wobble, is almost non-existent..I have heard it referred to as similiar to the "trebori-effect", kinda like a side to side motion.

Tazman
04-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Looks good so far man. So did she tell u the story behind the scare?

horikaiju
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I used a 9rl, a generic black plastic D-tip tube, and 1/2in grip. Ran the machine at 6.13v with the needle hanging about 2mm, give or take.

horikaiju
04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Looks good so far man. So did she tell u the story behind the scare?

Thanks and yeah, she told the tale. Her family is from Honduras and while living there as a kid she was in a pretty bad car wreck. She said she was the only one injured and her scars have been a issue until now.