PDA

View Full Version : dragon fly

wing
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
hi all am getting my first rotary and would like to know if the dragon fly is a good
all round machine. any info will be great:confused:

gravyray
03-19-2011, 08:53 PM
i like it, but its pricey. we jus got our rotary works and it dont have the give effect but we likem alot. alot less money too. but i do like the dragonfly and will buy another one.

mcgoldtooth
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Personally the dragonfly is my favourite machine- for colour and shading, immensely smooth- more than adequate power- perfect balance- EZ clean-perfect alignement- awesome tube vise- i bought it @ London tattoo show sept 2010- so for 6 months i have been using every working day with no problems- though yes some ink riding DOES occur occasionally which i rectify by turning the holding wheel a notch- no problem. But by far the biggest advantage is my clients seem to find this machine far less painfull than any other Rotary i use or in fact any other machine- hope this is helpfull- trust me i have used an awfull amount of machines in 30 years. I DO NOT LINE with Dragonfly as of now.

JohnnyChaos
04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
As an alternative barber's have some stigma hyper and fly machines in stock. I've not tried a dragonfly, but love my hyper.

That said I have also just got a rotary works and that's a lovely machine at almost a 3rd the price.

fkirons
04-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm actually here in Sweden tattooing at Evil Twins Tattoo with at Max Bodlund, the guy that helps with the development of the dragon fly. I was also talking to the developers, cool people.
As far as rotary is a great choice. The stigma is to chunky for my taste.
I even got see one of the first protos, with some weird system but cool.

There are great rotative builders here that stand behind the product.
Your other choice to for you to wait 3 months until our machine comes out :D

Deakon
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Info please!

N.I.L.8
05-12-2011, 03:08 AM
All joking aside, best machine I've had the pleasure of owning. Does just about everything as long as you've done plenty of trouble shooting. Practice makes perfect. Had a Lil wait, customs and all.

peter clements
05-12-2011, 05:41 AM
There are great rotative builders here that stand behind the product.
Your other choice to for you to wait 3 months until our machine comes out :D[/QUOTE]

Are you TEASING us Gaston? :)

chris-in-cali
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
If you want to skip the whole customs thing and get it a little faster, you can pay a little extra and get it through tatsoul.
the price is killing me....or i would already have one.

Administrator
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Painfulpleasures has them as well. If you select distributor pricing (over $500) on the website when you order it will give you the lowest price.

http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/distributor/product.php?productid=7361