PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 neotat to RCA?

SKreitlow
05-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Hey everyone, do you guys know if anyone makes or if there is a way to convert the older style 1/8 neotat jack to a RCA jack? I'm going to convert all my coils and my new mini cranked all to RCA and would love to be able to also run my neotat on an RCA so I wouldn't have to set up multiple cords. Any ideas?

casey
05-08-2013, 03:34 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5MM-1-8-STEREO-PLUG-JACK-TO-RCA-PHONO-FEMALE-ADAPTER-/310150319611?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item4836664dfb think these should do it, may have them at a local radioshack too mate

Jaytrials
05-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I bought mine at Radio Shack. Nice and compact and will only run ya around $3 a piece.

slicksteel
05-08-2013, 04:09 PM
just solder in a new rca -its only two wires etc.

SKreitlow
05-08-2013, 05:31 PM
thanks guys, I didn't even think to just Google adapters.(Doh!) @slicksteel- yeah I was thinking of just contacting Neotat and seeing if I can buy one of the RCA bottom plates but got adventurous and pulled the bottom plate off mine and it seems like an easy swap to just remove the 1/8 jack and install the rca right into the machine myself. your right its just two small wires. I can handle that.... I think... I hope lol. Gonna hit radio shack this afternoon and pick up the provisions. thanks for the input guys.

Administrator
05-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Multiple people have done the minijack to rca mod.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

flatline
05-09-2013, 05:49 AM
I used the converter at first. Ended up throwing the damn thing away on accident. Got caught up with my cable sleeve and got tossed when I was breaking down. Frustrating to use. Especially if your concious about touching parts and pieces with dirty gloves when you switch back and forth with machines. I would put an RCA connection it it personally. Don't know if it's worth it, but you can send it to Neo Tat and have them do it to. Thinks it's about 50 bucks, not sure.