PDA

View Full Version : Ripped skin with some mechanical/Cover up with koi fish

stevencash1
05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
some tattoos I've done in the past couple days using the Nedz mr03 and mr05.

vodu
05-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Mechanic arm from Sivak?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stevencash1
05-09-2013, 12:40 AM
It might have been customer brought the image in wanted it exactly like it didn't want any changes I just changed a couple parts that he wouldn't notice so it wasn't exactly the same but I just wanted to show some new work that I've been doing the past couple days

vodu
05-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Sooo, you copied from a tattoo photo?

stevencash1
05-09-2013, 02:49 AM
It wasn't like I was sitting there looking at the photo while I was tattooing him just making my clients happy and if there set on a design and don't wanna change it even if I try to talk them into changing it I'm not gonna turn them away and have them unhappy I changed what I vould

vodu
05-09-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm saying this because the same design have appeared to me. I just said no. Asked if the guy want the idea, and he said the same, so i just decline. 1700 bucks leaving my studio and in the end I was cool about it. because no one can talk anything about my ethics in the end. my name is what i have and I want to keep the way it is.What i mean ,is, we need to make the customer happy, but there's a price. That's not the way the tattoo market works, not the serious side of this profession. In some day a lot of tattoo artists did that in one day of their career, but were educated by themselves, or by someone, this is wrong and not worth it. If a customer go to your studio with a pic of a tattoo of any artist of this forum would you do it? Or a swastika, or want tattoo :" goddammit, today is a good day to hang some nig****s, god bless the KKK" would you do it? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't, or at least I hope not. Just because you don't know the artist doesn't mean you have the right to copy his work.

vodu
05-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Sorry to be harsh, but this kind of thing grinds my teeth. We pass inumerous time studying, researching, losing sleep hours to paint, draw, develop some new style or technique, to someone just take our design and use to make money as if he did by themselves. There's a lot of "tattooers" here that make more money than me, and I don't give a shit about it, what i care is they make money doing other people's work, and that's what is fucked up. They don't need to waste their time studying, buying art materials, staying in a desk work late night to sweat to make a tattoo appear. So they have more time to "work" and make more money with low quality tattoos, because of course, they didn't developed their own talent. This is fucked up. It's upside down. So if you want to gain some respect, please, do not do this anymore. Take your time to do your own work, and to the hell with the customers. You loose one and gain a lot more, even if the ex-client try to make you look bad for another guys. A lot of these guys will think: thats a good place to have a tattoo, my design will be unique.

stevencash1
05-09-2013, 05:56 AM
I've seen other artists on this for post work from other artists but nothing was said to them I'm glad I'm the one you got to vent to on the subject and ill remember that next time thanks

nivek
05-09-2013, 09:59 AM
It's not in posted in the critique area so I'm not going to critique it, good linework solid colour, but just an FYI - sakura (cherry blossoms) typically have 5 pedals and the clouds you have at the top go upside down.

stevencash1
05-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks nivek I will work on that on my next piece I do like this I really appreciate your thoughts on it.

nivek
05-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Steve you are always welcome to message on FB - I have a huge reference Library and have been working on getting better with my Japanese etc, anything I can help with - don't hesitate.

stevencash1
05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Awesome I will take you up on that and I've been working on mine as well its not something I do on the regular but I will take you up on that offer thank you

vodu
05-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I've seen other artists on this for post work from other artists but nothing was said to them I'm glad I'm the one you got to vent to on the subject and ill remember that next time thanks
well, I didnīt see the other times, and maybe I saw but didnīt realize, I donīt have obligation to know all the tattoos of the world. But WHEN i recognize one I have to say. you know why? BECAUSE IS WRONG.

nivek
05-09-2013, 07:21 PM
well, I didnīt see the other times, and maybe I saw but didnīt realize, I donīt have obligation to know all the tattoos of the world. But WHEN i recognize one I have to say. you know why? BECAUSE IS WRONG.

I honestly kinda agree with him here, seems a bit lazy to me.... mind you Im also the guy that says no I won't rip off someone elses work, but if you let me redraw it I can make sure you like it. For me I would have added some more detail to it - make it take longer and make it cost more, but hey! thats me

OwlsDen
05-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I know this thread is completely derailed. I agree, I always redraw. This piece is an easy one to draw. Even if you only spent 30min roughing up a design of your own, it will only make you better and give you the confidence you need to do more work on your own. Force yourself to draw it all. Your integrity is more valuable than one tattoo.