PDA

View Full Version : Neotat vivace users

crabink
05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Curious about this machine so would really appreciate a little help from you veteran vivace users, since I see how popular this machine is.
Questions:
Is the stroke wheel interchangeable like the Halo motorboat system?
Does the needle clip work perfectly? or is is kinda ok? For instance is there any needle play at the tip with mags?
How do these compare to other DD on the market? Such as Bishop and or Rotary works?
Were are they in stock?

Jaytrials
05-16-2013, 04:36 PM
I get mine at unimaxsupply. Amazing little machines, super quiet, needle clip works flawlessly, the cam isn't interchangeable, $125 for a new motor with different length cam. From what I understand, Ray balances each cam/motor. Never had any issues with any stroke machine they make.

(Opted Out)
05-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Its the bomb to be honest, i have a vivace 3.5 that i will never get rid of for love nor money! 9.6-10.2 volts and it packs colour like no other machine ever has, mine is a little noisyer now that its had maybe 100+ hours use but its still no noisyer than a rotaryworks or halo so that tells you how quiet they are, never could get to grips with lining with any of the neotat's but in my opinion it cripples the bishop on saturation but the bishop does grey shade a little smooth as the motor is faster, i prefer the neotat anyday over bishop but bishop's are still good machines, the needleclip has been used maybe 300 times and still holds nicely my work mate ran a lighter over his quicly and bent his in again as it got loose after a year of solid use so yeah pretty awesome..

rotaryworks are the bomb also worth having a neo and a rotaryworks in any top draw.!

Wonderland
05-16-2013, 06:22 PM
I have two, 4.2 and a 3.5 one orange and one of his brass ones. love using them. just get one you wont be disappointed.

slicksteel
05-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Get a original neotat-worth the money 269 at needlejig. I feel they are better as the rca is up and out of the way at the top of the frame. They sell those in all the strokes expect 4.2 which the vivace is in also.The vivace is good to.

crabink
05-16-2013, 07:56 PM
i am super skeptical of the needle clip... i hate when mags move around and have play.... perhaps a little arching needle bending is needed?

slicksteel
05-16-2013, 09:43 PM
you just bend a tad at the solder joint and if you bought one and did not like the clip just cut it of-very easy to do- and if you wanted to resell it a new slide is only like 15

TattoosByRob
05-16-2013, 09:47 PM
I have a 4.2 Vivace and it packs colour like a rabid beast, I find myself reaching for it as a packer over all my other machines, I've also lined with it several times and had no issues...The needles clip works really good and have never had a problem with it or the Og Neos for that matter...They are very reliable machines....I always bend the needle at the end of the bar downward a slight bit to ride the tube

serial1313
05-16-2013, 11:42 PM
You are obviously very interested in this particular machine, I don't think you are going to get a bad review on those machines. I also don't think that your curiosity will be quenched until you try one. Like I'm sure you know already, you can always trade or sell it if for some reason you don't like it. They are VERY quiet & very smooth.

crabink
05-17-2013, 12:16 AM
awesome feedback.... nice to know i am not the only one that bends the needles back to ride the tube.... I recently have been running my Halo 4 mm with 11 envy regular mags for color and I am amazed... and I am running it from 6.6 to maybe 7 volts only.
and it is sooo fucking soft... could literally feel the needles massaging in the ink. The only thing that bugs me is that there is a loud annoying vibration rattling sounds when your in the skin coming from the nipple housing of my Halo.. so annoying.

Anyways, now I see how soft and efficient and trauma-free they can be,, I was told by some idiot on here to run em at 8-8.5 and i ruined some guys leg a few weeks ago, using bug pins, which combined with the high volt power was a bad combination....

I was about to sell my Halo and RW ID, but after i switched to tapered coloring needles and lowered the stroke speed to 6.6 to 7 .. fucking bingo nuggah!

i was all crunked out, ruckin truckin shitup mang.

So in conclusion... how does the DD style vivace compare to the halo?

And did you say you can change out the needle clip on the vivace?

slicksteel
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
you can run those at 8-8.5 all day long bro,that is a very common voltage for these to run at with alot of artist. Maybe you were using to much give & to thin of a bugpin needle and pushing to hard as you said before you put it out till its about to fall off.

(Opted Out)
05-17-2013, 06:24 PM
The halo and neotat are actually quite similar!.. I have been using the neotat vivace for over a year now.. Daily!! Well i run that as i said at about 9.6-10.2 but now been using the halo 4.0mm and been running it at 8v with no give, its silent until u unscrew the give knob, but if you want a neotat feel.. Get ur halo 4mm run it at 7.5v with no give and the needle flush to the tube and BAM your there i think the halo is the only machine that has come close to the neo for colour in my opinion... And at 8v its freakin super quick! Done a 2 hour tattoo in less than an hour tonight flew through it with the halo