PDA

View Full Version : stigma beast

bluerocker
05-25-2013, 04:00 AM
picked me self a beast up last week,,,,just a very quick review so far.....CHUCK NORRIS WOULDNT FUCK WITH THIS THING!!! .....

bluerocker
05-25-2013, 04:05 AM
its my fav machine at the moment,,, love to no bands, grommets, needle tensioners,,, colour work is simply a breeze,, perfect weight, balance,, look, function,,, I did a piece last night 5 hours on this guys leg just above the ankle, and he said he could sit throw the same again,, hardly felt a thing and I swear this machine could cut tarmac but super efficient at what it does,, just the standard 4.5w motor cant see why ya would need the 10w but I will be defo getting another one of these very soon. for anyone who likes no give, wether dd's or linear,,, guys,,, just get one or try one,,, ya will see what I mean,,,,

tonoglasgow
05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
I agree with you...great for lining and shading...not tried for colour yet.....what stroke are you using???

bluerocker
06-05-2013, 12:38 PM
sorry dude only just seen ya message,,, standard stroke it came with,,, since I posted this I haven't done a tattoo that I haven't used it for one thing or another,,, I could seriously ditch quite a few machines and solely use these...used it to line a piece few days ago,, and it was flawless,,, same for colour work,, my colours have never looked brighter (using fusion) and shading well.......I am now all for no give...at all,,,, all me v3's, v2's and halo are now no give other than slight bit from the grommets,,, so few off me others will be up soon to get more of the beasts!!!

aurelien
06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
it's the first time i read something about it, you got me curious !

punisher
06-05-2013, 08:32 PM
I have one on the way I can't wait

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JoeyJimz
06-06-2013, 03:38 PM
looks like the new line of stigmas copied FK irons removable motor bolt system and stroke wheels hows your guys experience with this machine been? so far? post some pics

punisher
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
We'll currently the halos my favorite. Once I run the beast I may change favorites or triad it on a halo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

peezie
06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
looks like the new line of stigmas copied FK irons removable motor bolt system and stroke wheels hows your guys experience with this machine been? so far? post some pics I've heard this before and I don't know if it's true but I do know that stigma was the first to market with a removable motor bolt system with their Fly tattoo machine. I remember Mike Devries actually having one in his hands at the end of 2010. Earliest mention of the Fly that I know of http://www.mdtattoos.com/facemaster.cfm?task=message_list&thread_index=96661#162033. Earliest mention of the Halo that I know of http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1954-Spektra-Halo-Rotary-Machine-Almost-ready?highlight=spektra+halo" (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1954-Spektra-Halo-Rotary-Machine-Almost-ready?highlight=spektra+halo"). I actually owned a Fly before the Halo was announced so I don't think that stigma copied FK. I could be wrong though as I have heard Gaston say that he was the first to bring the removable motor bolt system to the table. Though in what form or context, I dunno. And again, I could be wrong and I'm just stating from what I personally have seen. Someone correct me if I am.

peezie
06-06-2013, 04:37 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1340-new-rotary-!-Spekra?highlight=halo oops. a earlier post on the Halo. Sorry for that.

fkirons
06-06-2013, 08:41 PM
The first removable motor machine we designed was not the Halo. In late 2009 we introduced the first prototype that never made it in to production of what it was the origin of the Halo, Lots of pictures were posted in a few places. The motor of this machine actually screwed it a few turns (hence MotorBolt) When we were about to pull the plug and go full production I decided to redesigned everything because I came up with the idea of the 1/4 turn motor, completely cylindrical slider, Abar stabilizer....I took me another year to go before full production since at that time I was tattooing everyday and running two shops.

JoeyJimz
06-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the Hist, I cant wait to get mine im supper excited about the Halo I got rid of my Bishop just cause I knew I was gonna pick up that Halo lol..

fkirons
06-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Back to the subject peeps. It's a stigma thread.

aurelien
06-07-2013, 02:39 AM
that no grommet no bands looks is quite attractive

bluerocker
06-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Humble as ever gaston!! :) actually guys the stigma removable motor is more of a plug in rather than fks twist bolt action...I have both and they work perfectly...the stigmas use like a rubber seal around the motor housing...its a nice solid fit and between the beast and the halo I would say the beast is equal to the halo with the give shut completely off on the halo for anyone who wants a comparison

darkness
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
but i can not change the damping by the beast like the Halo ! i use paper towels , silicon or delrin grommets to get different effects in my B&G

bluerocker
06-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Is the dampening on a hard grommet worth measuring or with folded towel?? I wouldnt say enough to make alit of difference...some machines with adjustable give dont really give realistically unless opened right up and the needles buried to the tube...running ya thumb over a machine and pushing up will show give on it but hiw hard ya press in to the skin....maybe I should have said the hit is similar being a good solid punch

peezie
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Good to know Gaston. Have always wondered. As far as the beast, don't own one myself but know a couple of people who do that love it for lining. Also have read the same a few times on this forum. Definitely need to try one some day.

arte
06-07-2013, 06:11 PM
I am glad some of you guys like the Beast thanks and enjoy them.
Now about the removable motor system , Neuma came with it first to the market , then Stigma and then Spectra. Probably Stigma and Spectra have been working parallel at the same time of period on removable motor systems , we at Stigma have been experimenting for a long time with Prototypes on systems with coupling , with magnets and with O-Rings and at the end we chosen the O-Ring version, the developing and testing took us about one year , this is not something that can be done in a few days.

Hey JoeyJims who are you ? do some homework before you decry.
Hi Gaston correct me if I am wrong .
Artemis from Stigma.

fkirons
06-07-2013, 08:12 PM
I am glad some of you guys like the Beast thanks and enjoy them.
Now about the removable motor system , Neuma came with it first to the market , then Stigma and then Spectra. Probably Stigma and Spectra have been working parallel at the same time of period on removable motor systems , we at Stigma have been experimenting for a long time with Prototypes on systems with coupling , with magnets and with O-Rings and at the end we chosen the O-Ring version, the developing and testing took us about one year , this is not something that can be done in a few days.

Hey JoeyJims who are you ? do some homework before you decry.
Hi Gaston correct me if I am wrong .
Artemis from Stigma.

You correct. The Neuma was the machine that changed the game. Because of the neuma we have so many diversity of machines.
Sad that they stop making or evolving that machine.
Like Arte said we may have been working in parallel.

Arte can agree with us that the Spektra inspired him to evolve his idea ;) especially in terms of refined design, one piece body and cylindrical slider ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong.

arte
06-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi Gaston,
Sorry but I was not inspired by Spektra ,Your Halo came to the market by the end of 2011 or beginning 2012 if I remember well, Our Bizarre v2 ( with the cylindrical slider ) came on June 2011 ( before the Halo ) and you know how long it takes to get a machine like this ready for the market , so how could I be inspired by Spektra ? also when I first saw some pictures of the Halo the slider had a flat side in the front side I think so it was not just cylindrical as it is now ,correct me if I am wrong.

Of course I was inspired from other rotary machine builders no doubt , this is what everybody does , and many of them including Spektra I believe got inspired by my idea with the adjustable give, tell me what you think of this ?
Artemis from Stigma

tonoglasgow
06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah,going to buy another one next days....love it for lining and shading,tried for solid color with good results too!!!!!!!!! Both done with the beast 1960719608

fkirons
06-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Gaston,
Sorry but I was not inspired by Spektra ,Your Halo came to the market by the end of 2011 or beginning 2012 if I remember well, Our Bizarre v2 ( with the cylindrical slider ) came on June 2011 ( before the Halo ) and you know how long it takes to get a machine like this ready for the market , so how could I be inspired by Spektra ? also when I first saw some pictures of the Halo the slider had a flat side in the front side I think so it was not just cylindrical as it is now ,correct me if I am wrong.

Of course I was inspired from other rotary machine builders no doubt , this is what everybody does , and many of them including Spektra I believe got inspired by my idea with the adjustable give, tell me what you think of this ?
Artemis from Stigma

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just pointing to the obvious inspiration. I don't mind to share man.
The give of the spektra is unique in it's kind Inspired from coil machines to be precise.
And yes sir, there is no machine out there that I don't own. Part of research and development is to explore what's out there and break it apart.
Whoever denies it, is the biggest liar of all times.
Shoot me an email if you like to keep our inspirations off the forum :)
Love you anyway.