PDA

View Full Version : FK Exactor Question

elbo
05-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi guys i bought this lovely machine but sadly no certificate etc...Now i know Gaston sells this model in various set ups...Ive not used it yet but was wondering what set up its been made for? It has 20 back spring and 18 front...and a lightened A bar...The front spring looks kinda short...Is it a liner or a cutback shader????...

slicksteel
05-28-2013, 11:04 AM
I think thats a cutback shader based on the ones I had.

skinmech
05-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Taking all things into account. Angle of deflection, 20 on the rear, 18 "cutback" up front (with an o-ring fitted-which will increase the rigidity/lessen the flexibility, thus increasing the speed) add to that the stroke length, the lighter a-bar, it looks like it could be suited as a "Med speed" Liner.......However, depending on handspeed and Volts, it would make a perfectly fine Shader/B&G Machine.....

What is the hit like, and what volts/cps is it running unloaded just now ????? Info like this would make my guess slightly more informed,LOL...:D

elbo
05-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Taking all things into account. Angle of deflection, 20 on the rear, 18 "cutback" up front (with an o-ring fitted-which will increase the rigidity/lessen the flexibility, thus increasing the speed) add to that the stroke length, the lighter a-bar, it looks like it could be suited as a "Med speed" Liner.......However, depending on handspeed and Volts, it would make a perfectly fine Shader/B&G Machine.....

What is the hit like, and what volts/cps is it running unloaded just now ????? Info like this would make my guess slightly more informed,LOL...:D

Paul i only got it today and its my day off so ive not run it yet....i will try it tomorrow buddy...

skinmech
05-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Cool Mark,P.

fkirons_kayleigh
05-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Hi guys i bought this lovely machine but sadly no certificate etc...Now i know Gaston sells this model in various set ups...Ive not used it yet but was wondering what set up its been made for? It has 20 back spring and 18 front...and a lightened A bar...The front spring looks kinda short...Is it a liner or a cutback shader????...

That one is set up as our Cutback Shader; but if you have any questions once you've had a chance to run it feel free to let me know! We'll also be able to re-tune it for you if you had a different set up in mind :)

elbo
05-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Cheers Gaston...i been enjoying a Ali Pyro liner lately...ha ha ive even been doing some smooth B&G with it! but i also got a Pink Ali Pyro soft shader today....To be honest i tried Aluminium machines before and didnt get them?...but ive tried again and im impressed with the results...I think where i went wrong first time was i was listening to them and adjusting them trying to get the same sound/pitch that my iron coils make!...Dont know if that makes sense?...Now i use them as they were made and they work fantastic...

mrbudgie
05-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Elbo my everyday liner was originally a exactor soft shader, tweak it for lining mate its perfect weight not to heavy not to light

chris-in-cali
05-28-2013, 08:21 PM
why not anymore budgie?

mrbudgie
05-30-2013, 02:34 PM
chris because I got an aaron cain acantha jones and its looks pretty, but only use the cain for 3's really, the exactor i line 5 to 9's with most days and even on squishy places puts a nice line in.
it is my fave FK frame

chris-in-cali
05-30-2013, 03:07 PM
sweet...exactly what i wanted to hear...lol
just picked up a exactor for pushing larger groupings and i am about to pull the trigger on a pyro cutback for the smaller groupings?

mrbudgie
05-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Just get two exactors mate, pyro vibrates more I felt, seems more meat to the exactor

SKreitlow
06-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, not to hijack but I've been having some elbow issues so I'm contemplating trying an Ali machine. Anyone run a galaxy as a liner? Like the extractor to. Any opinions on one or the other being a more stable liner for 5's- 14's? Just curious, thanks

chris-in-cali
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
not sure if this helps you....but i got my extractor and was blown away by how light it is......like a rotary man

slicksteel
06-03-2013, 12:43 AM
Hey guys, not to hijack but I've been having some elbow issues so I'm contemplating trying an Ali machine. Anyone run a galaxy as a liner? Like the extractor to. Any opinions on one or the other being a more stable liner for 5's- 14's? Just curious, thanks

There first ones are all the same Geometry and the latest one are all the same Geometry but more compact.
This means they will all run the same depending on springs/tension and point gap,front spring length-

fkirons
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM

Hey man All liners come with the soft bar, which is an armature with less way. The machine hits fast and has less vibration because of the weight of the bar.

Although the machine is really light it's really precise.
Should you have any more questions feel free to ask

SKreitlow
06-06-2013, 02:35 AM
I guess what I meant was, like mrbudgie said he felt the exactor vibrated less than his pyro. That's what I meant by stable= less vibration.

JoeyJimz
06-06-2013, 03:11 AM
How High are you running it? if your having excessive vibration chances are you are running that machine super high.

fkirons
06-06-2013, 10:30 AM
How High are you running it? if your having excessive vibration chances are you are running that machine super high.
Or the machine needs to be fine tuned.