PDA

View Full Version : Golden Acrylics on Canvas - Blue rose

JoeyJimz
05-30-2013, 02:12 AM
This rose was painted using Golden Acrylic paint on canvas. Using Grumbacher round brushes I love them things lol..Hope you all enjoy

Lionhearts
05-30-2013, 02:52 AM
Very nice work! I've always hated using acrylics, but your making me want to give acrylics another go

JoeyJimz
05-30-2013, 03:05 AM
@Lionhearts Thankyou, I personally Love acrylics and prefer them over any type of paint. They take some time and understanding to get the hang of them. But they are awesome and dry really fast allowing you to paint faster. I would recommend you use "Golden" brand acrylics..They are supper creamy and spread like butter very high quality acrylic paint.

Pinhas
05-30-2013, 04:18 AM
that is a real nice paint. good job

Mission Tattoo
05-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Super smooth do you water it down at all?

JoeyJimz
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
@ mission tattoo Thats a tricky question, The answer is yes and no. Acrylics are made in two types of paint options opaque and transparent paint. So i use alot of both All the base is done with opaque color witch i might mist with water just to keep it wet and creamy but i use transparent colors to glaze with. and those depending on how transparent they are i will this out with water or glazing medium.

Caleb's Addiction
05-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Digging this. The smoothness is difficult to achieve with acrylics, but you nailed it!

JoeyJimz
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Thanks man Ive been using acrylics for about 8 maybe 9 years now all self taught. But ive reached the point that I understand them so well and can work with them at a comfortable pace that I hate using oil paints or really any other paint lol.. Yeah i stay away from oil paint all together that stuff takes for ever to dry so if i do use oils i have to have at least two paintings going on at the same time so i can go back and forth.

Scentless Apprentice
06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Nice work man, I just did my first couple of paintings yesterday, and now I have no motivation for anything else haha