PDA

View Full Version : Gaston, fk irons, spektra halo.. Enough said

(Opted Out)
05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
How good are these machines...

i was always interested in fk irons but never invested in any before,
anyway 2 weeks ago i purchased a 2.5 spektra halo off zapp (great transaction) and then got a 4mm motor too, and then 4 days after that a 2nd spektra off zapp also, and now getting a pyro liner and galaxy shader... Im considering selling everything else and just having fk machine they have suited my tattooing so well and i am super happy with the halos cant wait to try the coils.. And i dont own a coil at the moment so fk will be the only coils too.. Great job everyone at fk irons and great job gaston

crabink
05-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Honestly, if I was a total rotary user only.. I wouldn't even waste my time with coils... what's the point. . .

slicksteel
05-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Honestly, if I was a total rotary user only.. I wouldn't even waste my time with coils... what's the point. . .
The point is they can be set to run different and do different types of work. Just one more tool to add to the arsenal. Also some customers like the feel of one over the other and the way the work tends to look.

chris-in-cali
05-30-2013, 03:04 PM
i have ran the obstacle course for rotaries and lining...probably tried out 15-20 different ones....i have decided to go back to coils for lining

yes....i have been so impressed with the customer service on my halos that when i went to pick up a coil for lining it could only be an fkirons.....

for color and black and grey work....a solid rotary just cant be beat

Panos tattoo
09-18-2013, 04:36 PM
have you ever seen those electric sport cars that run as fast as a muscle car ,have high torque as a muscle car, run smoother and with no vibrations as a muscle car and dont produce the noise that muscle cars do?i bet you did.thats how i can compare a rotary and a coil machine.i want to see in my garage both cars and drive them at any chance;)

cagelavey
09-18-2013, 06:58 PM
sometimes I just miss the feel and sound of a coil. I had a customer three days ago insist I use a coil, "because the sound is therapeutic" she said. I didn't mind though it was cool running them again:)

cagelavey
09-18-2013, 07:00 PM
also, I was about to kick back to coils for lining too, the I discovered the gen8! I was saved in the nick of time, lol

darkness
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
i use the gen8 too for all my linework and never found any thats hits so great and clean all my lines without any efforts ...only like a pen

evol777
09-19-2013, 01:09 PM
apparently "enough said" was well... not enough

joelhague
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Gen 8 sounds like a coil too :) and is the same size

cagelavey
09-19-2013, 01:15 PM
yeah the gen 8 is a lil louder, but all my machines are louder with my t techs, lol

cagelavey
09-19-2013, 01:20 PM
but back on the topic of fk irons. lol. all the correspondence ive had with gaston has been stellar, they seem like an amazing company, really well grounded and sympathetic to the artist and his needs. nothing but good things to say thus far.

SKreitlow
09-20-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm loving my Halo so far. Been using it mostly w/2.5 wheel for B&G. Used it for color the first time lastnight with the 3.6. on the ribs and worked well. I will say I expected more from the give. even 3 turns out its pretty stiff. But im used to my RW Springer w/ med spring. Haven't used it for lining yet though. I really want to try a FK coil for lining as I still use coil for lining 7's+, and use the RW for 3's n 5's.

cagelavey
09-20-2013, 09:20 PM
how much louder is the halo with the stay up spring removed and with the t tech grip and carts. getting my halo in a couple days. just wondering if there is a significant difference. I took the stay up spring out of my vivace and did not like the sound at all! but put in lighter silver spring instead of the red spring as an option of no spring at all and it works and sounds great. just want to know if it is similar with a halo. sound is important to me

mattmillerink
09-21-2013, 06:19 AM
I really wish I had a better experience with it. So many people have good things to say about this machine but I guess it's just not for me. I do really want to try out their coils though.

cagelavey
09-21-2013, 01:20 PM
no insight on how much louder the halo is without the stay up spring and t tech? I just want to know if it still is a lil stealthy(not a remark about the machine with same name, lol)

fkirons
09-21-2013, 05:49 PM
no insight on how much louder the halo is without the stay up spring and t tech? I just want to know if it still is a lil stealthy(not a remark about the machine with same name, lol)

It should not be louder once you run it with the cartridge, because the cartridge has a stay up srping. I use mine like that with RPG grip and it's barely humming.
I've heard that the plunger that the t-tech use has some play and that causes noise on some machines. I don't use t-techs grips so I wouldn't be able to confirm.
Once you remove the stay up spring on your Halo, the machine will run smother as the motor will have less load. If possible do not use a rubber band, if you have to, use only one.

cagelavey
09-21-2013, 06:43 PM
thanks gaston, cant wait till you guys open Monday so I can get this going! so pumped. anyway, thanks for all your help with everything, peace ninja!