PDA

View Full Version : Ramirez DD w/ Ironbite

aurelien
06-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Hi all since I'm back a bit I'll add something to the site !
So I have had this machine from Ramirez (facebook ramirez unity) it's a directdrive well crafted, feels rock solid, smooth (the smoothest rotaries I have had so far) I use it primarly for 15 mags on 5volts, and packs colors like a champ even my waverly colors which can be tricky with some other machines, rotary or not, and lays super smoothblack and grey too.
I actually lined with a 14 liner today for the first time and I'm kicking myself for not having tried it before, just solid one pass like a laser. not ink spitting nothing wrong with it at all. I just put a small RCA converter on it and that's it.
the cost was 300€ if I remember correctly and received within 2 days. The guy was super nice to deal with.
I discovered this machine while admiring Rico Daruma at the london convention this year and he used it for his background, the black was sooooo solid then he just rinced it, put his greys in, BAM super smooth and solid too ! Then when he started colouring in, still without adjusting his pu, i fell in love and realised I wasn't over rotaries completly ah ah FAITH RESTORED ah ah !
Anyway I emailed him to ask about the machine and he kindly gave me the contact. I'm sooo happy with it, and I urge anyone who likes direct drives to try one asap. to me it was a revelation and it 's one of the few machines I will never part of, and if the motor holds that long I would give it to my son happily :)
I ll show the pictures of the machines then some work i done with it ( i don't have any photo of the linework I did with it unfortunately)
Enjoy and I 'd be happy to answer any questions about it.

serial1313
06-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Looks nice & smooth.

gezza
06-16-2013, 11:28 AM
How do you put on the rubber band on those ? I like the fact that the clip cord holder is so near to needle bar. I believe that would give greater balance when the cord is on .

aurelien
07-05-2013, 06:06 AM
i use a normal band, twist 3 times and no snapping :) i do have to bend the needle a bit though not an issues in itself

onechance
12-19-2013, 07:21 AM
its only thing i use for everything.... i use an oring instead off a rubberband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

No Iron Machines
01-06-2014, 01:59 PM
afriend of mine juct get one of thie rotary, and is greta, him also say pack colors eas at 5 volts, cool

actually on theis kind of DIRECT DRIVE is only about the motor, him find a correct motor tu use, the rest of the machine is not that importantmust be interested know what motor is

darkness
01-06-2014, 03:07 PM
yes the secret is the motor :) .. all other is like the most dd

onechance
01-12-2014, 07:38 PM
packs at 5v effortless lines at 5.5 6v like a laser