PDA

View Full Version : Critical CX 2R?

SKreitlow
06-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Hey guys, anyone using the Cx2R with the wireless foot switch? I've heard nothing but good about the power supply but haven't heard anything about how the wireless foot switch works. Thinking about picking up the combo pack but I figured I'd see if anyone has any negative to say before I blow $400

OwlsDen
06-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Everyone that I have talked to that had the foot pedal loves it. Although unless you use coils or need a lot of presets then I don't see the point of the Cx2 over the Cx1

darkness
06-05-2013, 06:01 AM
i use now the cx2r and sell my ems 400 , you can change the settings very fast and easy ,its small and you feel the power on the machine. I thinks its has more power on the critical as the eikon.
The wireless pedal is comfortable and you have not a lot wires on you working area. I would not missing this pedal . The critical is the money really worth !

aurelien
06-05-2013, 06:35 AM
is there really that much difference between eikon and critical ??

OwlsDen
06-05-2013, 07:13 AM
The newer criticals can push more amps. It can make a big difference.

nivek
06-05-2013, 09:32 AM
WORTH EVERY CENT ! had it for about a year now, getting the new generation. Pedal is a great size, doesn't slide around - works great.

darkness
06-05-2013, 10:45 AM
i have the feel the new critical run the rotary with more power. On my EMS 400 i line with 8 to 9 volts with the dd rotary . With the Critical i get the same results at 6 to 7 volts. My Gen8 is running good with 6v and very powerfull at 8,5 .
Now i have to set the volts on a lot of machines lower to get the same power and not to much. The Pedal has a good size and stick on the ground with a soft and pleasant pressure to run the machines. You can work without a pedal by pressing the button in the middle. The Display is big and light ..good to read.

JoeyJimz
06-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm buying this ASAP

SKreitlow
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I used to run the basic 10 turn Eikon had that thing for years. But after a few years I felt it got soft. Like it wasn't putting out the same power. So I went back to old faithful and bought a national edge ps. I love that ps I've had it about two years and still running strong but I think someone at the old shop I worked at must have used my station and knocked it off the counter cause one day the knob was all bent to one side and loose. Ever since its been a pain to adjust on the fly so

SKreitlow
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Whoops, sorry about the double post I accidentally hit send on my phone when I was trying to edit ☺. So to Finnish what I was sayings my National ps's knob is jacked up and I want something new that's not an Eikon as there longevity is suspect in my eyes. I'm sold on the critical and the wireless foot switch sounds awesome though like my buddy said any time your relying on frequencies I worry about reliability. But I just saw the foot switch will run off a clip cord also so I'm sold. Now to decide if I'm gonna order it now or wait for ink and irons to try and pick one up. Thanks guys for the info. That's why I love this place.

OwlsDen
06-05-2013, 03:00 PM
I used to run the basic 10 turn Eikon had that thing for years. But after a few years I felt it got soft. Like it wasn't putting out the same power. So I went back to old faithful and bought a national edge ps. I love that ps I've had it about two years and still running strong but I think someone at the old shop I worked at must have used my station and knocked it off the counter cause one day the knob was all bent to one side and loose. Ever since its been a pain to adjust on the fly so

National sells replacement rheostats. I don't know if the one in the edge is easily replaceable.. It's a good PS from my memory. I am sure someone would take it off your hands, or at least someone handy.

SKreitlow
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh thanks for the heads up OwlsDen, I'll have to give National a call and get one of those replacement rheostats after I get the Critical. Though I don't know if ill sell it. Its a great piece of equipment and it's always good to have a backup but we will see.

artoftatt2
06-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I will take my critical over anything

asbillyis
06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
I love my critical and I love the wireless footswitch...one less wire in my station is one less headache. Two Thumbs way up!!!

SKreitlow
06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Hey guys, got my new CX2-r with wireless footswitch yesterday. Hooked it up and worked great. but today when I came in and set up for my apt of course now the foot switch wasn't working. I tried to re sync it by following the directions but nothing happens. when I put in in sync mode it just says searching.... and doesn't do anything. hooked up a clippy and it worked fine wired. By time I was done with my apt it was after 5 so of course critical is now closed and cant call for tech support. any ideas?

nivek
06-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Check to make sure the battery hasn't come loose.

SKreitlow
06-19-2013, 10:29 PM
The light on the foot switch blinks when steped on so don't think it's the bat. Unless its a bunk battery and just has enough juice to flash the light but not send the signal.

nivek
06-19-2013, 11:10 PM
If the lights going on - its probably the synch. I had the same issue, I jsut re did the synch and it was fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9GgFAzUMU

SKreitlow
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Yeah I saw that vid on YouTube. Mine doesn't have a sync button with a light like that. Wish it did. the one i have you go into the menu and there is a sync tab then you select a Chanel and supposedly just tap the pedal. That's how it worked yesterday's the first time I did it. But today when I put it in sync mode it just continually said searching. And that was it. So eather the pedal isn't sending or the built in reciever isn't recieving.

nivek
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I was told it can take up to 5 times.

heres the reply i got
Did you go through the syncing/rebinding process (up to 5-7 times)? Sometimes it takes a few to find a really clean channel (which may be causing this issue). Here is the sync process:
1. Press the sync button (receiver button) until receiver LED starts blinking.
2. Release sync button & then press pedal once

Please try this a few times and see if this helps & get back to me either way, if you would, so we can get your pedal running perfectly!

She also sent me the manual if you need it

SKreitlow
06-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Just got off the phone with critical... diagnosis is faulty receiver inside the unit.I have to send it back for fix or replace. :( at least there customer service was very nice. Still bummed, I got the worst luck. My buddy is totally going to say I told you so about the wireless footswitch.........

SKreitlow
06-20-2013, 09:36 PM
On a good note today I got the word that the 2 machines I dropped off at Dringenberg for rebuilds are done. I'll go pick em up in the morning. I guess with the bad comes the good.

nivek
06-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Just got off the phone with critical... diagnosis is faulty receiver inside the unit.I have to send it back for fix or replace. :( at least there customer service was very nice. Still bummed, I got the worst luck. My buddy is totally going to say I told you so about the wireless footswitch.........

Yeah wait until you have used it and he sees how well they work....

on that note for some reason my co-workers p supply synched to my pedal and he left a machine plugged in - totally messed with his head, resynched all is good, but DAMMIT it was funny.

dyrtial
07-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Thought the foot pedal didn't make a big difference until I had to switch back to wired footpedal for a couple days. Must have ran over that cord 20 times in one tattoo. So damn aggravating, cx2r all day long. I have a cx1 for conventions.

SKreitlow
08-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Ugg having issues with the foot pedal again. It keeps cutting in and out causing me to hang up in the skin a lot. No buano! And it sticks on all the time super annoying I pulled the battery thinking maybe its just a random bunk battery took it to radio shack and they said it was pretty much dead. So I was like right on got a me battery popped it in and it was good for about an hour then same shit. Sputtering in and out and randomly just staying on... Guess ill be on the phone with critical again tomorrow morning.

artoftatt2
08-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a bad receiver

PAWNJOB
08-10-2013, 11:56 AM
take out the the screws on the bottom of the pedal, remove the top and clean the metal spring contacts. Hopefully this works, if not your pedal and/or your supply will need to be sent back . Critical WILL take care of you though!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

SKreitlow
08-10-2013, 02:34 PM
@artoftatt2 they already replaced the reciever in the unit. That was the initial problem when I sent it back the first time cause it wouldn't sync. Talked to critical yesterday, at least ther customer service is always pleasent, he asked me to run it over the weekend with clip cord so we could at least narrow it down to what the issue is. So I ran it yesterday and yup same shit with the cord so it's definitely a contact issue inside the pedal. Gonna try open it up and check the contacts. Gonna run an old pedal today just to make sure its not any issues wih the supply. but looks like the pedal will be on it's way back to critical again on Monday.