PDA

View Full Version : Blunderbuss 2 Review

tattoo4satan
06-09-2013, 06:08 PM
So i got my blunderbuss 2 in the mail 3 days ago. Ive used in on three or four tattoos as of now. But here are my first impressions.

When i first opened the box i was shocked by the size of the machine. It is a big ass machine. I knew it was larger than the rapier 3 but i wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was. However for the size of the machine, it is extremely light. I Included a picture with a couple other machines surrounding it so that you can get an idea of its size.

The reason i wanted this machine was because i thought i had read that it had ajustible give and adjustable stroke length. Unfortunately i was mistaken and didnt read the description of the machine correctly and it only has adjustable length. Cary had sent me an email explaining this to me after i asked him how to change the give on it, it does have have give, not much at all, but its there. He also suggested i start it out at 6 volts for lining until i got used to the machine.

So heres how it performs. I first tried it to line with, and started it out at 6 volts like Cary recomended. I wasn't expecting the machine to be as loud as it was, i guess because all my other rotarys are neotats and they are silent. It isnt as loud as my paco rollins but its close. Anyways it lined great. I have found that running it at 7 volts it works best for me. It does put in lines as easy and quick as a coil machine. There is more vibration going on with the machine than my neotats, but not as much as your typical coil machine.

I did try it to do some grey shading and ending up switching to my medium stroke neotat. When i used it to to pack color i ended up switching to my long stroke neotat. I dont know if its because i have been using my neotats for the past few years and am really comfortable using them or what, but the way i tattoo now,i didnt care for it to shade or pack with.

It is a really solid and well built machine. You can easily change the stroke length to 3 different lengths by moving a little pin on the wheel. I so far have only used it on the medium stroke setting. I am going to try the different lengths on some future tattoos. But so far my feeling is that im only going to use this machine to line with. And really it is a great liner. I think if you want a rotary that can line like a coil then you should check this machine out.

Personally i wish i would of gotten the rapier 3, and probally will because its smaller.

OwlsDen
06-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Nice review. I am glad to hear that it lines well. I would really try lining at the long stroke (4.2mm) I think it will perform even better. That will help with packing color as well.

Neo
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
i thought it had springs for give ? so this aint true, i was sure it said that but that sucks

just double checked and his site says adjustable give and 3 stroke lengths built in !

Administrator
06-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Before making assumptions it probably best to let Cary chime in. Dude knows what's up.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.