PDA

View Full Version : First Rotary, Rapier II

feedtheworm
03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I mentioned in an earlier post that when I finally got my tattooed pirate machine, I would share my thoughts.

I've only had the chance to line with it so far but I already like almost everything about it. The weight was a key factor in my trying a rotary in the first place. The reduced weight was every bit as helpful as I could have expected.
This machine was incredibly consistent and precise. I get the feeling I'll like it even more, the more I use it. The give stayed consistent. I hope that doesn't change with use.

The one draw back for lining is that I needed to slow down my hand quite a bit. Maybe that's something that I can fix when I play around with the power settings.
I would also suggest to anyone that wants one of these, get a 90 degree (right angle) rca. The jack on the top of the machine was a little awkward with my straight rca.

I've owned hundreds of coil machines over the years. I usually feel the need to rebuild them before I use them. Of the machines that don't get rebuilt right away, the rest get rebuilt after one use.
I can honestly say that this is the first machine I ever purchased that I am happy with. Can't wait to shade and color with it.

The Limey
03-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Couldn't agree more, the transition from coils to a Rapier II is virtually non existent. I actually line pretty slowly so didn't have any problems with lining speed but I'd imagine you could up the voltage more.

Big Oh
03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
This question might have been asked before but how many volts do you run your rapier's for lining? Do you use tight liners or traditional?

feedtheworm
03-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Like I mentioned, I've only used it once so far. I was using a tight 7 around (if I remember correctly) 7.5 volts.

This question might have been asked before but how many volts do you run your rapier's for lining? Do you use tight liners or traditional?

feedtheworm
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
I've been using this for color recently and couldn't be happier. Saturday I did about three hours with it in what would normally take me 4 - 4.5 hours.
My customers are reporting less discomfort and faster (easier) healing.
I'm very impressed with this machine.

feedtheworm
05-02-2011, 03:17 AM
After a terrible experience with a different rotary machine builder I am even more satisfied with Tattooed Pirate (Cary).

I was loving that machine for about three weeks and ran in to a problem. Cary was quick to respond and even quicker in handling the problem.
I will be receiving my machine back shortly and couldn't be happier with the service and support from Cary at Tattooed Pirate.

Cary is on the short list of who I will buy machines from in the future.