PDA

View Full Version : cartridge information

crabink
06-18-2013, 03:28 AM
I am curious if cheyenne and t tech are the only 2 cartridge manufacturers..

Will cheyenne cartridges work on fk irons new cartridge grip, or are they only for cheyenne grips?

joelhague
06-18-2013, 01:10 PM
There is another compay i forget the name the carts are clear plastic but waht i have heard is they are absolute shit, and yes t tech , hawk and fk they all fit the same

joelhague
06-18-2013, 01:14 PM
The thing u may not like about cheyenne carts is that there standard mags are the same as normal bug pins , im prefering t tech but ordered a few boxes of hawk carts to try out the hawk carts really have wayyyy more resistance then t tech i have a eikon ems400 and u have to put it aroud 11 volts to get it turning then lower it so i ordered the start up cable for my thunder t tech u dont really need that start up cable most stat around 8 v where they should

Administrator
06-18-2013, 01:35 PM
There is another compay i forget the name the carts are clear plastic but waht i have heard is they are absolute shit, and yes t tech , hawk and fk they all fit the same

You can find them on ebay, I have also heard not to bother wasting your money no matter how cheap the cost appears to be.

OwlsDen
06-18-2013, 01:48 PM
You can find them on ebay, I have also heard not to bother wasting your money no matter how cheap the cost appears to be.

I second that. They are a double edged sword. Cheap and the needles are ok ( be sure and loupe them ), but the cartridges are crap. I tried a few, dunno maybe 10. I had a few of them pop the back cover off and shoot the spring across the room before I could insert it in to a T-tech grip. I have not bought them since.

aurelien
06-18-2013, 01:49 PM
those are for the chinese hawk copy. the quality should be .. well.. chinese

crabink
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
So if I had a fkirons cartridge grip the cheyenne cartridge tips will work in it?

aurelien
06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
yes it is compatible and made for it actually

aurelien
06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
as you can see on the photos here, those are cheyenne cartridges http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/8935-FK-Irons-Cartridge-Grip-Adaptor-under-production-)

crabink
06-18-2013, 03:29 PM
sick.... ok so as for the cheyenne cartidges... they are all bugpin mags? no medium or short tapers?

aurelien
06-18-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't think so, as far as i remember, they may have evolved since i used a cheyenne though