PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the stencil brand

crabink
06-23-2013, 02:34 AM
I am looking for the best thermal papaer stencil brand that is used for tracing patterns by hand.. not the thermoax spirit paper.

People use it for tracing onto actual stencils for portraits and stuff...

skinmech
06-23-2013, 04:42 AM
Are you talking about hand draw Stencil Paper..

crabink
06-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Yeah

skinmech
06-23-2013, 06:25 AM
This.......... It is only one sheet, and you place your choice of paper on top......And before anyone starts yelling at me that Killerink sells to anyone, I have posted for ref only... http://www.killerinktattoo.co.uk/products/stencil-making/pack-of-20-original-reprofx-hand-draw-hectograph-paper/

gangstajay
06-23-2013, 07:48 AM
check national tattoo supply they use to carrie it

peter clements
06-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Hectographic paper made by Spirit masters is what you want............Here you are you can get it from Amazon USA http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YD771O

joelhague
06-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Spirit repro fx is the darkest i have found dont get confused with reg spirit, has to be repro fx. reg spirit is half as dark. As for by hand vs thermal just buy thermal the only difference is the top sheet andbits just a reg sheet of computer paper basically so just print ur portrait right on the computer paper place it on the purple and draw...

skinmech
06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Spirit repro fx is the darkest i have found dont get confused with reg spirit, has to be repro fx. reg spirit is half as dark. As for by hand vs thermal just buy thermal the only difference is the top sheet andbits just a reg sheet of computer paper basically so just print ur portrait right on the computer paper place it on the purple and draw...

There is a difference, between Hand Draw, Thermograph and Hectograph.......It is more than just removing the Top sheet and "onion layer", and adding your Paper of choice...The carbon pick up on Hand Draw is very precise....The more you lean on your Pen/Pencil, the more it transfers to your Stencil....

nivek
06-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Eikon even carries it... http://www.eikondevice.com/product/hectograph-paper-8-12-x-11-inch-box-100

joelhague
06-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Hmm might work better for me i have really hot hands and have to glove up when makin a stencil to avoid purple sometimes coming up whre my hand rests

joelhague
06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I will have to order some been meaning to do a small order since eikon stocks fusion now too, true blood red and brick red, love those colors gunna grab the biggest size they got

nivek
06-23-2013, 08:58 PM
I will have to order some been meaning to do a small order since eikon stocks fusion now too, true blood red and brick red, love those colors gunna grab the biggest size they got Super Red is the BOMB - a nice deep orangey-red

crabink
06-23-2013, 09:39 PM
what it is called though.,.... hand draw? spirit hectograph?

OwlsDen
06-24-2013, 05:43 AM
what it is called though.,.... hand draw? spirit hectograph?

Hectograph is the paper type. Spirit, is a brand that makes it.

skinmech
06-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Hand Draw is different from Hecto and Thermo Paper....It looks the same as Hecto, but, the "carbon element" or as I call it, the Purple Stuff is "Waxier"..It is not the same as the Paper on the Eikon Site...Hecto is fine for drawing onto, and it perfect for Dot Matrix Printers...Thermo is also ok for drawing onto,but the top layer can be very thin, it is as the name suggests better suited to a Thermo Copier...I use hand draw, with a sheet of cheap ass Supermarket Printer paper, place it on top of the Hand draw, and run it thro my Dot Matrix....If you are wanting to Draw your own stencil then line weight can be achieved by leaning heavy on your Pen/Pencil...the more pressure, the more carbon gets picked up.....I have a video somewhere, lemme try and dig it out..

skinmech
06-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Hope this explains it....Search the other stuff and the other 2 videos will be there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0CR7NtO1M4