PDA

View Full Version : Damn it's been like a yr!

Dreviltattoo
07-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey I'm Rob and it's been a long time since I've been on here. It's been crazy. I got sick of the shit and opened up my on shop in January so things have been crazy. Everything is going well and I'm glad to see a lot of the same faces on here. I'm still using my intuitions and love them. I also use an ego, both bishops, a nicks rotary, a stigma beast 4.5, and I have an orphan irons hell city one off coil that looks pretty in my case..haha. I'm waiting on a stylus type s and I'm looking forward to the ttech cartridges that it uses....especially the 27m bp I have sitting in front of me. So anyway, hi to those I don't know and i hope everyone I do know is doing well.
2021220213this is a flash piece, it's healed and i really enjoyed doing it so i thought i would share.

serial1313
07-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome back Kotter! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU

Dreviltattoo
07-12-2013, 02:01 PM
lol, thanks horshach...prob spelled wrong haha

slicksteel
07-12-2013, 02:39 PM
good to hear ya doing well!
so has those intuitions got the latest updates-longer stoke etc.?
amazing piece -what machines were used?

asA
07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, tell us about the intuitions...

OwlsDen
07-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Welcome back

Dreviltattoo
07-12-2013, 04:10 PM
wow amazing might be a stretch but thanks. i think i used either my bishop 3.5 or my beast 4.5v and a 17m #10 bugpin from mithra for pretty much the entire piece. prob should have used a round shader for the smaller details. could have should have would have..lol always room for improvement.

slick-he hasn't done a longer stroke and honestly i wouldn't see why you would need one. it really is a great all arounder. packing black i would rather use my bishop 4.2 for obvious reasons but for very precise lining and super blending the intuition is where it's at. i have 4 and use them daily.
he has updated the hubs to metal and has also upgraded the material to some super resin idk stranded plastic? or something. anyway, it's stronger. i'm just a tattoo artist..lol
production has been down for a while but I believe he is back in production now. Liz Cook has been using them for a while now and i'm sure you guys know how smooth her shit looks.
I talk to him regularly, so if you guys have questions I should be able to get answers. He's a super busy dude and builds automatic weapons and grenade launchers and shit. really amazing person.
so all and all i feel like they are super precise especially because they weigh 1oz. it's like holding a sharpie. that and the built in give of the air is amazing. more pressure=less give less pressure=more give. the awesome thing is the stroke doesn't change to adjust the give like it does on adjustable rotaries. I'm not a fan of adjustable rotaries at all at this point mainly for that reason. It just doesn't make sense. If you want a softer hit then you def don't want a longer stroke. I know you can ride the tube, but it's just not for me. If I use a rotary I like no give linear...bishop, beast etc. Light pressure and work light to dark. Does the job.
i have my compressor in the basement of my shop and piped it through to my station. super easy set up and not as expensive as people think. i use a california air ultra quiet compressor. it was like $250. regs and everything else was around 200-300 depends on what you want to buy.
i stand behind my review from a yr and a half ago and it's super long but search for it if you want more info.