PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with this machine?

fatcashdaddy
04-03-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gisP4fBJsb0

slicksteel
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM
kind of looks like a cross between a rapier and dragonfly

peter clements
04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
It refers to it as "The Stinger" rotary?

Administrator
04-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Google'ing stinger Rotary machine only brings up something that resembles the jackhammer swash knock off.

fatcashdaddy
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I googled the guy ed waldron in the video and apparantly he's a tattooer from the UK who also makes machines although this rotary wasn't included on his website . I'm guessing because its a new machine by him..I believe the machine company is called nedz machines

http://www.edshead.ndo.co.uk/equipment.htm

here is his machine website but it looks like its still being built because I don't see any content on it

http://nedz-machines.com/irons.html

gangstajay
04-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Needles and Ink Tattoo Studio
10 Baddow Road
Chelmsford
CM2 0DG
Tel: 01245 353131
hey can someone over on that side of the pond contact him..see whats up with his stuff.. maybe invite him to the site?? guess his name is ed..

gangstajay
04-07-2011, 09:09 AM
hey elbo give him a call about it..ask him about the machine in the youtube video..??

elbo
04-07-2011, 12:27 PM
hey elbo give him a call about it..ask him about the machine in the youtube video..??

Have a look on ebay uk the stinger tattoo machine is listed...£350

elbo
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Have a look on ebay uk the stinger tattoo machine is listed...£350

Nedz micro rotarys

slicksteel
04-07-2011, 12:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stinger-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-/110672039188?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item19c4914d14#ht_1840wt_905
looks like a directdrive conversion to a spring/channel setup like the dragonflys.use aneedle bar from as a linkage rod.
comes with spare motor and several springs to adjsut how hard it hit/stroke length.

583.70 usa dollers!

hey elbo you ever use there needles -i want to try there 7 powerliners, any body know if there needles are well made? And anybody on here ever try there brand of ink?

Administrator
04-07-2011, 12:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stinger-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-/110672039188?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item19c4914d14

<--- HAHA! just not fast enough.

peter clements
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Not sure about this machine, I'd deffinitly want to hear reliable testomonials before I'd try it. It's exspensive, you could almost buy three rotary works for the price, and the RWs are proven machines.

Mark5
04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I was given some of his inks 6 years ago, they were not very good , they were not very bright and not that easy to put in , if I remember rightly.

fatcashdaddy
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
look at all the detective work done here!..love this forum!

slicksteel
04-07-2011, 01:51 PM
uggg more crap-ola! products!

The Limey
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Well it sure lives up to its name, paying £350 for a machine with no reputation will certainly leave you feeling the sting!

tattoohotrod
04-07-2011, 03:46 PM
used his inks a few years ago very watery and opaque looking in the skin ,didnt rate his needles either and he sells to anybody, the machine looks poorly made to cash in on the rotary boom certainly not worth the price, stick with the good builders

fkirons
04-08-2011, 03:10 AM
wow, and here we go with another amazing rip off!
Here is my conclusion after seeing that picture:

- a pinch screw used as a vise is the worst vise ever, it damages the tubes and its not secure enough.
- The design is really unfinished
- A needle bar as a shaft? you have to be kidding me. Don't be surprise if they use all their used needles to reuse the bar.
- A spare motor? shit they are anticipating that it will break quickly
- the nipple, bar doesnt have a step for the grommet to rest, therefore the needle and grommet sits on the frame!
- Too many parts, If you want to outline you have to change the parts first.
- Too expensive for what I see.
- The stinger....oh come on coudnt you think of a better name, "the poker" or "the Drilla" would've been a better choice.
- Quoted from ebay auction "The Kit comes with a hard plastic case" So do most kit from china.

Aghhhh....I have a headache already.

gravyray
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
- Too expensive for what I see.

Aghhhh....I have a headache already.

LOL!!! couldn't of said it better LOL!!

slicksteel
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
hahah gaston ya just felt the sting!

peter clements
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Well it sure lives up to its name, paying £350 for a machine with no reputation will certainly leave you feeling the sting!

I'm thinking this machine belongs in your Shitbox :)

The Limey
04-08-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm thinking this machine belongs in your Shitbox :)

I agree but the thread needs to stay to save people from getting stung :D

fkirons
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Some times I regret opening my mouth...but I can't help it some times

Rattus
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Let's it fly. People just can't handle the truth sometimes...

fatcashdaddy
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM

hey thats the whole point. people will post things here and get the feedback to help them make a decision.nothing wrong with that at all. your post was detailed and specific and probably a great help to someone. (i never had an intentions of buying the machine, just posting it to see what everyone thought of it)

peter clements
04-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Noticed today some of the stingers had been reduced to £249....obviously not selling very well.

Not surprising-any tattooer with any knowledge wouldn't have one given, to hell with the price reduction. You've only to study the pictures as Gaston has pointed out.

peter clements
04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
I've kept an eye on this, it seems not a single one has been sold, it's going to be renamed "The Stinker"- TO THE SHIT BOX WITH THEE!

andrewc
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
we have one on ebay now
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-/110698696843?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item19c628108b
for only $400 and change BUT at least its 2 for the price of 1 since you get a 2 of everything
and after i read Gastons review i cant believe theyre using needle bars to adjust the stroke of the machine although it gives a good idea for if one breaks on a good machine and need something for a quick fix til you get REAL PARTS! lol

TattooISH
08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi guys, im new to the site but know many artist up here, i have to say that by far the most amazing machine The Stinger "rotary" that i have worked with so far< this weekend at the Doncaster UK tattoo expo, i was walking around and spotted the creators of this machine, and asked to try it, and after feeling the hit and strokes of the machine, i was blown away with the potential that this machine has, i have just invested about 2500EUROS in Stigma and to say the least, they dont come even close to this machine! beside the fact of being Esthetically nice. while working this weekend with my Fly, the engine desided to blow up, in the midle of a 8 hour tattoo!!!.......i was so pissed, but had to finish it. all Rotary's machines out here work under the same principal. but by far non can achieve the soft hit of a good tuned coil machine. i am currently investigating if they are Chinese made or if they are made as they say they are from this guy names NedZ form UK, motors and parts. i will post more information as i get them!!

Administrator
08-08-2011, 01:57 PM
There are two companies boasting a "stinger" machine currently. One is junk normally sold on ebay and the other looked a little more promising.

TattooISH
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Yes one is Chinese, kinda like the Jack Hammer, another one listed on ebay, which this guy Ed didn't have a clue where he would sell his machines so he opted to go thru ebay, i have personally talked to him and he has removed ebay post. and he has even stoped using the Stinger name, since its not an appropriate name for such a well made machine. i would say give it a week or 2 and we he will make it better. like i said on my previous post. if this is it!!!! i have used coils since i started tattooing and always scared of rotary's because of the trauma that this may produce. but if you dont push the ink solid then you will have a weak looking tattoo!! same with Stygma, Hawk, Swash you name it, and the only small difference is in the little spring behind the piston. i will be posting a video of it tomorrow!

Administrator
08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Send him the link to the forum. :) he can tell us what the new machine is called and get people on here excited about it.

slicksteel
08-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I just did send him an invite & link as I had added him to my facebook a few weeks ago.

Nedz
08-12-2011, 06:50 PM
New picture for Nedz Micro Rotaries.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=203724736350679&set=a.147368855319601.28901.100001394617488&type=1&theater

slicksteel
08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I see you made some improvments on your machine ,cool now it looks like it might be tattoo worthy!

Nedz
08-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks Michael, I did look for your facebook invite but could not find any refernce to it otherwise I would have joined earlier.

slicksteel
08-12-2011, 07:55 PM
sorry nedz that was for the other builder, i did not know you had a facebook. I just send a add a few min ago thoe

elbo
08-19-2011, 04:45 PM
New picture for Nedz Micro Rotaries.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=203724736350679&set=a.147368855319601.28901.100001394617488&type=1&theater

Well i have to say thats looking alot better than the previous model...

TattooISH
08-23-2011, 05:27 AM

Administrator
08-23-2011, 10:42 AM
I am assuming this was done with the "stinger" machine?

elbo
08-23-2011, 12:27 PM
I am assuming this was done with the "stinger" machine?

Its a very nice tattoo...a bit of info would have been good?....

hendricksonart.com
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
nice background most people lose it with background really nicely done

TattooISH
08-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry guys, yes the tattoo was done with the Nedz Micro Rotary, its not called The Stinker anymore!!! lol hahaha any further questions let me know! thx for viewing.
ISH

peter clements
08-29-2011, 09:16 AM

No argument here whatsoever-this is a really good Tattoo.So, it looks like the "Stinger" can perform.

Nedz
08-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys for the vote of confidence, although I have dropped the name and so far not come up with another as yet.

I am hoping to do a deal with Barber/DTS for distribution in the UK and I am working on a web site that will be up and running in the next three weeks so the machine can be bought direct there. I have also set up the face book page and as more artist come on board I will post some of their work.

If any wants to take the plunge and buy a machine they can contact me through face book, I am so confident about my machine I will offer a full money back guarantee if your not fully satisfied.

Ed

slicksteel
08-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey ed what is the actual weight and length of the machine from bottom to top adjuster and from front vice to back jack? also loud is it? louder then a neo tat etc? Can you make a demo video just showing it running loaded and unloaded and pushing on the give etc.
thanks!:cool:
Name suggestions:
The performer
Meilleur - means the best in french
smooth operator

Nedz
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi guys I have put together a website for my machines and parts.

I will be putting the finishing touches to the Specs page over the weekend.

Thanks

Ed

Administrator
09-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Shoot me a PM when you get it up and I will add a builder badge to your account.

Nedz
09-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Have a look at my machine this does the job properly you change the spring to determine how hard you want the machine to hit you change the voltage determine how quickly you want the machine hit. Each
process works independently of each other so no matter how slow you run the machine it still hits with the same power. I don't allow you to change the throw by adjustment to do this you have to change the cam(2.5mm,3.5mm and 5.0mm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9so5-dYAEfg

This is the first video uploaded I will post some more with better sound and a close up. Voltage used were 3.8v - soft spring, 4.4vsoft -medium spring ,
4.8v medium spring, 5.0v medium- hard spring and 5.8v hard spring.

wildboy
09-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Hmmm the website is still empty? Can you post the link to your FB page please?

Nedz
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Just checked the website its up and running www.nedzrotary.com or www.Facebook.com/nedzrotaryEd

Nedz
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry that should be www.Facebook.com/nedzrotary

wildboy
09-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Thank you I accidentley went to the old site...

Neo
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Wow, This is tooo funny how so many people hated on his machine from one pic.

Had to be a knockoff and made in china. Every*rotary is copied from another in some way, i see no other that looks exactly like this one so its not a copy or knockoff at all. Everyone copys in some way without stealing the look i mean like china, like give someone thought of doing that with rotarys and now allot of builders are making theres with give so are they knockoffs. Anyway i just had to say these are not knockoffs and seem to be well made machines by ed ( Nedz micro rotarys ) made and built by ed in the UK. I have not tried it yet but heard many good things so i ordered one. No major difference from coils cause of softness so looks great to me. I hate hard hitting rotarys, good for a few things but a rotary that can hit super soft to super hard is very versatile i say and better then the rest that have one basic way of hitting and the spring change can be done on the fly or in 20 seconds. Also i love that parts are ready to buy IF you every need them, stroke change also. Ed also said he has a lifetime warranty just like the best rotarys do but allot dont like the neo tat is only a year warranty. A lifetime warranty shows the builder stands behind his product and makes the buyer feel MUCH better about there purchase. *Well after i try it i will speak on it for now i just wanted to let others know its a great machine from what other artists have been saying and he added a needle slider for no rubber bands and i will be the first to have and try it out i think. Sounds like a great machine*from newer reviews and soon i will know for myself. I love as much give as i want and as hard as a hit i want and his is the only one to do this, others do but his i heard hits much softer then most. I think ed deserves a little more respect and a few appologies from many on this thread, even if he had to make some small changes that did not effect the performance, still it was not a copy or a knockoff. This does show you may want to try a machine before knocking it but i understand if the price is so high no one will give it a whirl also. This is why a lifetime warranty helps cause it makes buyers feel good knowing all problems will be fixed so it can last a lifetime. Well I will write when i get my machine in about 5-7 days the most cause i paid 75 for fastest shipping which sucks but i couldnt wait 2-3 weeks at 30. Shipping is a real drag and the only flaw so far haha.

Ed also has GREAT customer service , He answered all of my 25 questions haha. Very helpful and a awesome guy/builder. I may have slammed him with many questions about the machine but he was very kind and helped me out with every question i asked just about. There is no beating great service and a great machine with a builder who stands behind his machines for life. So far ed gets a A+ from me for customer service. I think the small changes and needle tensioner made this machine on of the top of the list. Yes i know i must wait til i get and use mine to really see but others have and love them. Next is the TC machine or rapier2, in about 2 weeks i will buy one of them also. Wish i could have bought both right now but christmass is amung us and as we all know it cant empty or wallets or the wifes will.*

Happy Holidays to everyone ! And to all a goodnight.........

PS. * Where is the Nedz rotary badge*