PDA

View Full Version : Ego motor

Dom
07-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Hey every1, I was using 1 of my ego machines the other day, pushing a 13 T-tech mag. and the motor just stopped, I have taken the thing apart, now I read on here I think once Bez uses a faulhaber motor in these machines. Does anyone of you guys kno which motor it is so I can order a new 1 please.

serial1313
07-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Have you opened the machine? Does the motor have an model numbers on it?

Dom
07-27-2013, 12:37 AM
yea I have opened it, but the motor has no numbers, codes or anything man, kind of at a dead end!

slicksteel
07-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Check all powersupply and cords. check machine to make nothing is binding it up.
If the motor is out check all wiring and rca jack.
Check the motor shaft to make sure its not bent or pushed back.
Check all solder joints and tabs on motor etc .Also you can get a dead spot in the wiring going from the motor to rca.
If no problems try hooking a 9volt battery with a standard push on connector with small soldered on push lugs or hold direct wires from connector on motor tabs to see if the motor is dead or has wiring issues inside.

biggietattoos
07-27-2013, 01:53 AM
I didn't think the ego could push t-tech very well, what voltage were you running at, the motors are only supposed to handle up to 9.0 volts anything over that could have overworked it

OwlsDen
07-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Faulhaber motors have a code on the back of them. Maybe you could post a picture of the motor. If it is a Faulhaber you can measure it a 1724 for example is 17mm in diameter and 24mm long. The other specs you may have to guess at, but if it isn't supposed to go over 9 volts like someone said, then you need a 1724( for example ) and the 9 volt model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

bluerocker
07-27-2013, 03:50 AM
Just email bez mate...same happened to mine. ..the slider just started sticking....emailed him sent it back next day email back new machine on uy ways...next arrived. ...quiter and smoother with upgraded parts....brillaint service

jasonadelinia
07-27-2013, 03:58 AM
I emailed Bez a while ago about ttech and the Ego, this is the response:

"Hi jason the ego is not designed to run tech needles its designed for standard tattoo needles set ups... any machine other than the hawk or stylus wear the motor out straight away

Bez

we have a machine out sooon that will run the system."

I stopped using it with ttech after this as it always struggled pushing the system.

Dom
07-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Wow, Thanks for the quick response guys, yea I have taken it out all seems ok, I was running at 9v, yea bluerocker, think ill just send it back to him. Thanks again guys for the help.

Dom
07-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok every1, 1st many thanks for all the help and info I received of you guys over this motor issue. So I sent bez an email the other morning regarding this problem, explaining that I had posted on this forum about my problem, and that 1 of the members (jasonadelinia) said that Bez sais not to use the t-tech set up on the Ego, so I told him I realise it was my fault and will of course pay all moneys to get the machine back on track. Later that day, or possibly the next morning I received another email of Bez, saying that all I had to pay for was the postage, (Canada to the UK and back) and he will replace the machine!! I was amazed by how quick I was recievong emails back, the pleasantness of the reply and to be offered a replacement machine when I broke the damn thing and it was just a motor too! Fantastic service through out the whole process, Team Ego!! Good stuff!!

joelhague
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I hardly think t tech will make any machine burn out fast not if u take out the stay up spring there is zero difference then hell even my stealth can push t tech its amazing one of those fancy german motors dies on it wtf

darkness
07-29-2013, 03:49 PM
hmmm , the faulhaber have a number normal on the back (where is power connections)

hardlucktattoo
09-29-2014, 02:36 PM
i have a ego shell i just need the motor ..i email ego and they dont just sell the motor if anyone has found which motor goes in these machines please share thanks

Jack Steel
09-30-2014, 07:39 AM
its a custom design with the flywheel on it straight away with a longer shaft...
you cant get this anywhere.