PDA

View Full Version : need help

tatu richie
07-30-2013, 03:02 PM
can anyone tell me about this machine?
here is the info i was givin on it.
Ok...
This machine came from amsterdam. It was made in the early 80's( best of my knowledge) and there is 1 original and 2 castings. The original and other casting are in Mike Skiver's tattoo museum, which is where this one came from.
I got it from him in 2003 at a tattoo convention as a bare frame, the guy who made thwm died before he put any togther.
Mike has seen/held it. It is heavy, but solid. I wrapped the coils, cut the springs and put it together. I have used it maybe 3 times since i have had it...just dont want to mess it up lol
When i got the frame in 03, i paid $700 for it from Mike. I would like to get a good rotary liner in trade for it.
As it sits right now, i still.line with a coil machine and want to swap over to full rotaries.
If it is not something you are interested in, i totally understand, and still appreciate you taking time to listen to me ramble
I tried to get as much info on it as i could.
Best i got was Mike bought the original from Philidelphia Eddie along with the other casting. He found the one i have in amsterdam in the late 90"s.
He had planned to keep em all for his museum(2500+ machines and original power supplies...badass) but after a year of bugging the hell out of him, i got him to sell it to me
The guts are all from me, I had Mike scouring his rexords for information on it but he said he hasnt found it yet.

Oh...and it weighs about 9.5-10 oz.
link to the guy that sold it and owns the meuseam
http://www.personalartstudio.com/ (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.personalartstudio.com%2F&h=BAQHEu133)
Somerset, PA #.
Mike is a great guy, One of the best i have met in the industry
the guy im getting it from assembled it. it came just as a bare frame.
the guy im getting it from just spoke to mike and this is what he said
He said he got the original on a trade with Philly Eddie. The 2 castings he got in amsterdam. He still has them both...said he is 100% positive they didnt come from Chicago. He said there might be another casting, or they might be being reproduced...But he is mid tattoo and is going to get back with me later.
The original is all silver soldered together.
each individual piece
I am not sure who it is...He thinks Philly Eddie, but it is whoever runs the Redding tattoo convention
here is the pic...

Inkjunkie
07-30-2013, 03:11 PM
no offense,, but the dringenberg that i got from danny in ams, was even writted on the frame by dan "made in a dame"

serial1313
07-30-2013, 03:14 PM
There was a guy selling a frame like this & one w/ a three headed dragon on ebay a few weeks ago. I think they went for $200 a piece. He said they were made for him by somebody that makes body jewelry or maybe just some jeweler. That's all I know.

tatu richie
07-30-2013, 03:18 PM
There was a guy selling a frame like this & one w/ a three headed dragon on ebay a few weeks ago. I think they went for $200 a piece. He said they were made for him by somebody that makes body jewelry or maybe just some jeweler. That's all I know.
im sure there has been castings made as well, but u can see a diff in this one and the one that was on ebay

tatu richie
07-31-2013, 12:19 PM
any info would help