PDA

View Full Version : inkjecta specific 3 questions

ta2g
08-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Hello. I recently bought a used specific 3 3mm very low hours. The person I bought it from bought it from Mirtha tattoo supplies. My questions are... On the top screw of Specific 3 just where the thread is. There is a pinkish tape. Looks like a plumbers tape sort of. Wrapped around the thread. Does all Specific 3 screws come like that? Rotary runs fine And when I bought it from the artist he said it came like that from Mirtha. That is why i didnt pay no mind of the tape. But now I hope that it wasn't rigged.

Also If any one can give me hints or advise how to use the specific 3. I know everyone tattoos different. But here is what I used first time using it. Used 9mag shader. Ran it at about 8volts screw medium set. Did black and gray work. Was not impressed by it. But I know I have to keep experimenting. So to my specific 3 users... Any advise on where the screw should be turned for coloring, shading or lining? My guess is for coloring medium turn. Anyone using Specific 3 any advise will help me. I would like to use Specific 3 as best as possible.

Jluv
08-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Mine has the same tape, it's a shame this is such a great machine that there are no videos or guidelines from inkjecta!!
I've been told lots of different info on voltages... I tend to stick at 9v and just adjust the give.

Scentless Apprentice
08-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah mine had the tap too, I ripped that sucker off. I felt a bit of a learning curve with mine too, I generally hang around 9.3 volts with very little give, I didn't really like the feel of it with lots of give. I'm actually still not sure about the machine as a whole, bloody thing ended up costing me $1100 to get imported too.

ta2g
08-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Thank you all for your input. Maybe my volts were too low. I will play more tomorrow with volts. I think for the price of the rotary it hasn't wowed me yet. I hope inkjecta puts out more info on their website. I will try 9v and up and hope to find improvement with little give. thank you Scentless Apprentice and JLUV for your input.

And if any other inkjecta specific 3 users have more info. Please help with info on how to use this rotary the best possible way.. My next experiment i will use ttech tips. Maybe that will wow me. lol

Jluv
08-10-2013, 02:55 AM
Thank you all for your input. Maybe my volts were too low. I will play more tomorrow with volts. I think for the price of the rotary it hasn't wowed me yet. I hope inkjecta puts out more info on their website. I will try 9v and up and hope to find improvement with little give. thank you Scentless Apprentice and JLUV for your input.

And if any other inkjecta specific 3 users have more info. Please help with info on how to use this rotary the best possible way.. My next experiment i will use ttech tips. Maybe that will wow me. lol
sorry I couldn't help you more I've only just made the switch from coils to having a rotary, I've been told to grease it once a month also as to we're lol I'm not sure I'm guessing the slider bit??? Not sure if you ever have to detail it like the bishop videos either!
This is my only complaint about the machine, no info on the site, YouTube and no one has replied to my email asking for a small bit of info :(

ta2g
08-10-2013, 11:32 AM
yeah it does suck jluv i did grease the slider as i do just about all my rotarys.. i joined on facebook a group called inkjecta bm (bad motherfucker) hopefuly once excepted i will post lots of questions. you can try adding that too. i even emailed 2 days ago inkjecta for help. no reply yet. i will play around today. hopefuly more inkjecta users see this post. And give more advice on the inkjecta specific 3

Jluv
08-10-2013, 01:27 PM
I emailed over 2 weeks ago and still nothing I'm on bmf also add me on FB jay Jluv I was chatting to Oddboy and he gave me some pointers I'le post up whenever I find out more lol

nivek
08-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I have one of the orgionals - no give that is great except the cheap ass rca connector literally broke in half, the nut to hold it cut through the connector. The wires are so goddamned thin they broke and I had to take it apart and reconnect another wire, to wire up a new rca jack.

Pros - Light - good running machine that does real smooth colour and black and grey.

Cons - made with some really cheaper parts and expensive as hell for what it is.

Yes I would trade it,as I would my Rotangi, but I also know that I won't get the value.

Jluv
08-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I have one of the orgionals - no give that is great except the cheap ass rca connector literally broke in half, the nut to hold it cut through the connector. The wires are so goddamned thin they broke and I had to take it apart and reconnect another wire, to wire up a new rca jack.

Pros - Light - good running machine that does real smooth colour and black and grey.

Cons - made with some really cheaper parts and expensive as hell for what it is.

Yes I would trade it,as I would my Rotangi, but I also know that I won't get the value.
did the original have clip cord connection?

Ive been wondering if there's a right or wrong way to use it with a clip cord ???

nivek
08-10-2013, 05:04 PM

Ive been wondering if there's a right or wrong way to use it with a clip cord ???

nope its RCA not a hint of cc connection. Honestly after switching to RCA I can't go back. I have a AL Bro RCS with clippy extension if I need it - but RCA has a solid consistent connection - the AL Bro cc is the next best thing, but I don't see myself using cc in the future. I like machines and tools that are consistent, if a product doesn't do the same thing every time I use it - I stop using it.

Scentless Apprentice
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM

I had an original with a clip cord connection. If you use them the wrong way, the motor runs backwards

ta2g
08-11-2013, 01:02 AM
thank you jluv. yes if you get more info please post it. i will definetly find you on fb. Question Scentless Apprentice. My specific 3 I use clip cord. Does it matter where the red side goes? Or If it is connected the wrong way can it effect its performance?