PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 rotarys

(Opted Out)
08-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Ok people everyone must have there favourites and a brief reason why would be nice to get everyones insight in to there top 5 and why... I will start with mine..

1)spektra halo, 3.6mm stroke, colour and shading beast. Use it every day!
2)neotat vivace, 3.5mm stroke best colour saturation machine in the world. Used it daily for a year been using my halos recently thoe so this hasnt been used but i will be used again!
3)dank kubin cranker 4mm the closest to a coil liner in my opinion...
4) rotaryworks aluminium 3.5mm the brass. Are too heavy, the alu is just right best £ pound for pound rotary in the world for the money.. Lines great but slower than cranker.
5) swashdrive whip, miss mine loads had to sell it, lines awesome shades awesome colours awesome! But need the hard clip imo soft clip is wank lol...

So there the 5 i would buy and buy again.. All of these have been a daily driver at some point in the last 2 years!

AltarVinz
08-10-2013, 01:01 PM
1 : Vivace 4.2 my liner for powerlines and an insane color/black packer. No noise, vibration or heat. I could do a top 4 with vivace only (i.e. strokes :p)

2 : Sunskin Primus, got it for 3 days only but this machine is so fantastic to work with on soft greys and blending colors. Just love it.

3 : Spektra Halo. Not on second position cause I dont own one ! Tryed and love it almost as much as my vivace. Gotta get rich soon to buy a pair of them !

4 : Stigma beast : nice no give machine working nice for rverything but lining ( too much vibrations ).

5 : Dragonfly, good overall machine, yet too much " à la mode" for me.

This is my top 5. And thanks again to have built so many cool machines to work with guys !

asA
08-10-2013, 01:13 PM
1)LOD ok so I know it's not a rotary... But this machine is a true all around machine. It can be any machine you want.. Lines packs shades! All with a simple touch of some sliders on your iPad.
2)stylus between the soft and hard machines you can do it all. A bit of a learning curve but once you find it's sweet spot such an amazing machine.
3)inkjecta flite v2.1 so I'd hoped this machine would do it all.... Turns of it will but you need 2 or 3 of them. All set up a little different. 4mm stroke soft bar and 3.5 With the rigid bar is where I'm at with my 2 flites.
4)thunder this machine excels at lining and color packing... But it can do blending and black and grey if you give it enough time to learn to do it with such a heavy hitting machine.
5)inkjecta combo v3 with the 3.8mm optional stroke if you like to fuss around with give knobs and whatnots this machine is really nice all a rounder. But it's defiantly noisy. So if you're used to silent rotaries this is a hard one to get used too.

Wonderland
08-10-2013, 01:26 PM
in no particular order.....

1. Dan Kubin MC2
2. Halo 4.2
3. Neotat 4.2 and 3.5
4. Nicks
5. HM Machines

(Opted Out)
08-10-2013, 01:56 PM
in no particular order.....

1. Dan Kubin MC2
2. Halo 4.2
3. Neotat 4.2 and 3.5
4. Nicks
5. HM Machines

ooh the halo 4.2 and hm machines intregiue me wonderland.. What do you use the halo 4.2 for and what hm machines? Have you used the la nina liner?

Patrick
08-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Going by what I reach for the most, I'd have to say;
1) inkjecta Flite V2.
2) Stylus (toss-up between S and H)
3) Dan Kubin Mini-Cranker
4) Cheyenne (toss-up between spirit and thunder)
5) Centri (yes, Centri. Totally underrated machine, IMHO)
Honorable mention must go to my Nick's DDO and my new Ego machines.

asA
08-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Going by what I reach for the most, I'd have to say;
1) inkjecta Flite V2.
2) Stylus (toss-up between S and H)
3) Dan Kubin Mini-Cranker
4) Cheyenne (toss-up between spirit and thunder)
5) Centri (yes, Centri. Totally underrated machine, IMHO)
Honorable mention must go to my Nick's DDO and my new Ego machines.
Wanna try the new version of the egos.. Heard he made a few improvements.. If only he'd do a metal version I'd snag one.

joelhague
08-10-2013, 02:31 PM
No such thing as halo 4.2 its 4mm and last time i measured i think it was like 3..9 almost

1.Stylus H
2.Hawk thunder
3.MC2
4.Spektra
5.Stealth

(Opted Out)
08-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah seems to be alot of difference in opinion in halo strokes some stockists list 2.5 some 2.6 some list 3.5 and theres a 3.6 either or.. Theres a 2.5 3.2 3.6 and 4.0 but near as will do :)

nivek
08-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Between Kubins and Halos I can't remember the last time I didn't use either but...

Kubin MC Liner 4.0 closest to a coil liner ever - consistent and reliable it will do what I need always between 4.2-5 v - I have two
Kubin MC2 colour 3.5 smooth colour runs real slow and packs just like I like or peppers - one word answer - consistent, blends like a dream
Kubin DD packer 3.5 will do blackest blacks and solid color
Halo 3.5 Smooth Colour and B and G smooth consistent and always does what its told, blends as good as any of my coils every time
Fly v2 - by black and grey go to

Wonderland
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
ooh the halo 4.2 and hm machines intregiue me wonderland.. What do you use the halo 4.2 for and what hm machines? Have you used the la nina liner?

I use the halo to mainly line with. but is does color well too. i have the bent steel frame HM machine and I have used it for everything.

Wonderland
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
No such thing as halo 4.2 its 4mm and last time i measured i think it was like 3..9 almost

1.Stylus H
2.Hawk thunder
3.MC2
4.Spektra
5.Stealth

Sorry was typing fast....i meant 4.0

Patrick
08-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Wanna try the new version of the egos.. Heard he made a few improvements.. If only he'd do a metal version I'd snag one.

Initially, the plastic does feel a little chintzy. But it's super light and sturdier than it looks. I've been toying around with the triangles and trying to see what it can do. Overall, it's a really good machine.

biggietattoos
08-10-2013, 09:39 PM
1. Stigma Hyper V3, best color shader/packer I've ever picked up, perfectly balanced, consistent, not a huge learning curve but a lot to experiment with
2. Vivace got a 2.5mm Vivace now and it makes me hate doing black and grey less!
3. Ego, Killer little machine feels like it's made by fisher price but is incredible versatile. I use mine for small liners. Still need to figure out my triangle combos for other uses but it's so cool!
4. Swashdrive Gen 8. Finally a rotary I can blast a clean solid line with that doesn't come out thinner than i wanted. such a solid consistent liner.
5. OG Neotat. same as Vivace just not as pretty lookin.

That said I am really digging this RW Brass Spring Rotary a lot so with some more time I'm sure it'll climb the list

I'm also dying to try a Halo, a Beast, a Prodigy, a Whip, a Bishop, Etc...

(Opted Out)
08-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Nice lists people.. Dan kubins & halos seem to be a consistant winner!

hellraiser6662
08-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Dragonfly ss for lining everything.
RW for my 7mag colour packing and black n grey
Bishop for my 15mag black n grey only
Hawk og t-tech 27mags for colour and black n grey
Primus for 8rd colour and black n grey.
No order just how I use my machines

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

punisher
08-11-2013, 10:53 AM
My top five is pretty redundant.
1. spektra halo 4.0mm (lining)
2. Spektra halo 3.6mm (literally everything)
3. Bishop 4.2 (use it for anything but always picked third due to halos)
4. Stigma beast 4.0 (may actually be third loved this machine but recently traded it for another halo. Love the no grommet no rubber idea.
5. Stealth rotary I hate to say but I love packing color with these cheap little things :/ its what started my conversion to rotary machines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

(Opted Out)
08-11-2013, 11:13 AM
My top five is pretty redundant.
1. spektra halo 4.0mm (lining)
2. Spektra halo 3.6mm (literally everything)
3. Bishop 4.2 (use it for anything but always picked third due to halos)
4. Stigma beast 4.0 (may actually be third loved this machine but recently traded it for another halo. Love the no grommet no rubber idea.
5. Stealth rotary I hate to say but I love packing color with these cheap little things :/ its what started my conversion to rotary machines.

take it the beast doesnt compare to the halo?... How does the zero give beast compare to a bishop/neotat?...

punisher
08-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Don't get me wrong the beast is a great machine. But having a little adjustment gives the halo more adversity it can has with no give or super light give just twist the knob. The beast is exactly what it says it is. It hits hard I may end up with more of them in the future the only reason I let it go was because it was for a halo.

punisher
08-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I like it more than the bishops and the noetats it definitely hits harder in my opinion. Can't compare it to the impacts because I've never used one.

(Opted Out)
08-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I like it more than the bishops and the noetats it definitely hits harder in my opinion. Can't compare it to the impacts because I've never used one.

Thanks for your input.. Im debating a few new machines and am really indecisive for the first time ever..

biggietattoos
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm super surprised that I'm the only one here who mentioned the Hyper v3... This machine is incredible

sacredsouls
08-11-2013, 12:50 PM
1. Amoeba designs linkage rotary 3.4 stroke for soft color and black and grey
2. Dan Kubin mc13 4.2 stroke for lining.
3. Amoeba designs dd 3.4 for whips and packing black also lines well
4. Amoeba designs linkage 4.0 for fine lining and anything bigger than a 13 mag.
5. I only have 4 rotaries haha. Want a halo so bad I can't see straight.

(Opted Out)
08-11-2013, 01:18 PM
1. Amoeba designs linkage rotary 3.4 stroke for soft color and black and grey
2. Dan Kubin mc13 4.2 stroke for lining.
3. Amoeba designs dd 3.4 for whips and packing black also lines well
4. Amoeba designs linkage 4.0 for fine lining and anything bigger than a 13 mag.
5. I only have 4 rotaries haha. Want a halo so bad I can't see straight.

haha halos are sick man... Especially being able to get to work, and just change whatever stroke wheel you want and if you want 2 4mm's just click out motorbolt and away you go! There too good, i thought about selling my 2nd one but couldnt bring myself to do it!

darkness
08-11-2013, 01:45 PM
1. Gen8 for B&G and some lining
2. Primus Sunskin for smooth Shading
3. Stigma Beast for Color and Lining and big Mag´s
4. HM Adjustable as nice all arounder
5. Dicki Golden Harvester ...for all

sequence is random ,but i prefer the gen8 and beast for the most :)
I dont like the balance of the Hyper V3 and the centri is to big in my hands.

vodu
08-11-2013, 01:54 PM
1. Spektra halo, for me, can do whatever I want, pack,line, blend, b&g, and the motor changing make every tattoo easier to do.
2. Hyper v3, blend and shadow very well, but I didn't like the swash action, it's just not for me and I didn't dig the tiny little breakable parts inside, I mean, complicated to service or maintain in Brazil
3. Neo tat OG, a real work horse if had a give it would be better than hyper v3
4. Rapier, light and powerfull with a good motor and well made, but the fixed give is not for me, I like to do some adjusts
5. Swashdrive whip, I liked the whip action but hated the need of weights and worst, they don't come standart from factory.

The spektra for me works because it has the better of what I want in every machine: slide action(more control and precision), with an adjust give, the give is easy to deal, the capacity of be autoclavable of neumas, the bolt/stroke changing on the fly, so I can pack, blend, change even the line to another function. And it is still a light machine.

But all that is MY opinion. As I aways say, the better machine for you is the one you like most. So try every kind of machines and use the better you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bluerocker
08-11-2013, 02:01 PM
1) hyper v3.....anything
2) beast....anything...excels at lining and solid colour
3) bizzare v2...shading and small lining
4) dk cranker....enough said
5) nicks dd...still the smoothest machine I have handled

Shawn
08-11-2013, 02:07 PM
#1. Flite V.2.1 medium bar 3.5 cam for lining and color blending
#2. FliteV.2.1 ridgid bar 3 mm cam for lining, b&g, color packing
#3. Flite V.2.1 soft bar 4mm cam for large mags and large liners
#4. Flite V.2.1 hard bar 3.5 cam for small mags and round shaders
#5. Flite V.2.1 ridgid bar 2.5 cam all b&g

This machine does do it all for me! It just has the power and ajustability that I haven't had with any other. LOD is next!!!!

tattood
08-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Agreed on the Nicks DD, His machines, especially his direct drives do not get the recognition they deserve!

As for a top 5, I was on a rotary binge and then I realized they all lay ink about the same(for me), just with a minor change of technique. When I say they all tattoo about the same, I'm referring to high end rotaries with at least a 3.5mm stroke. Not to take anything away from the builders of the machines they are all great and well made! However, that being said they are all really similar in my opinion the rest is just how the machine feels in your hand and at times how it feels on the eyes LOL! The big difference to me isn't in the different machines, but simply the size of the stroke, and my preference for the quietest as possible.

That being said:
Lining- Rotary Works 3-9's & Nicks pivot 4.5mm for anything bigger
**Nicks DD and Pivot arms are the Quietest machines I have used or heard in person
B and G Shading: Changes all the time was on Nicks DD but now using RW springers!
Color packing: any with minimal give and over a 4mm stroke..

I have yet to get a machine that has been thoroughly reviewed on this Site and has been a dispointment. For that, A big thank you to the ROTARY FORUM creators and members!

vodu
08-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Agreed, the mainly advantage of rotarys is the consistency of hits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

luckyyoutattoo
08-11-2013, 03:44 PM
1 dan kubin mc13 4,2
2 dan kubin 3,8 mm
3 rotary works 4,5 mm
4cheyenne thunder
5 vivace 4,2

casey
08-11-2013, 05:23 PM
1 Original Rotary works springer 7,9,11 mag
2 Short stroke Dragonfly 13, 15 mag though I'm sure the RW would cope just fine
3 Kubins mini cranker ..all the above but on people who posses that shitty skin that wants to resist
4 Original Rotary works Aluminium updated to a springer when the parts go on sale
5 Original Rotary works springer just to cuddle

ckjr
08-11-2013, 09:43 PM
1. Hyper V2
2. Thunder
3. Spirit
4. Stylus H
5. Hawk
.....in that order

Caleb's Addiction
08-11-2013, 09:54 PM
1. MC2. Best coil liner. Yeah I'm sure everyone has a favorite, but get one and see!!

2. MC13. At 2.7mm, best BnG machine.

3. Nicks Pivot rotary. Put color in! Uh yes please.

4. Vivace. Color, bng.

5. Hawk. Color layering. Only had this machine a few days, but I'm falling In love!!

crabink
08-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Initially, the plastic does feel a little chintzy. But it's super light and sturdier than it looks. I've been toying around with the triangles and trying to see what it can do. Overall, it's a really good machine.

MAKE A DAMN AIR CRAFT ALLUMINUM ONE AND AND I WILL BUY 2 EGOS... and fix the god damn vice

By the way.. when does the new version come out?

Were is there info on the changes?

crabink
08-12-2013, 02:51 PM
that being said

1. Halo - 3 of em for shading
2. MC13 - lining and shading
3. don't know
4. don't care
5. what's next?

tattood
08-12-2013, 02:59 PM
crab,i remember when u first joined this forum and to put it mildly, seriously doubted rotaries. now look at u, strung out on em

punisher
08-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah but his list says it all with those machine anyone's unstoppable

Patrick
08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
MAKE A DAMN AIR CRAFT ALLUMINUM ONE AND AND I WILL BUY 2 EGOS... and fix the god damn vice

By the way.. when does the new version come out?

Were is there info on the changes?

From what I understand the revision is mainly going to be a stronger motor. So it is more compatible with cartridges. There could be more changes, though.
The vice is an easy fix. Mickwrath posted a 10cent solution on here a while ago that works great. And, really, the plastic isn't a big deal at all. It's a great machine. Well worth checking out.

Neo
08-12-2013, 04:29 PM

1.Stylus H
2.Hawk thunder
3.MC2
4.Spektra
5.Stealth

yeah man the "stealth" lines just as good as my crankers with 4mm bearing or even 3.5 ! Its crazy, throw a cranker motor or just a better motor overall in it and its even a little better imho. Smoothest machine and very consistant with a few easy tweaks. Starting to use it allot now :) Throw a silicone grom on and its a beaut to use

tattood
08-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Agreed on the Nicks DD, His machines, especially his direct drives do not get the recognition they deserve!

As for a top 5, I was on a rotary binge and then I realized they all lay ink about the same(for me), just with a minor change of technique. When I say they all tattoo about the same, I'm referring to high end rotaries with at least a 3.5mm stroke. Not to take anything away from the builders of the machines they are all great and well made! However, that being said they are all really similar in my opinion the rest is just how the machine feels in your hand and at times how it feels on the eyes LOL! The big difference to me isn't in the different machines, but simply the size of the stroke, and my preference for the quietest as possible.

That being said:
Lining- Rotary Works 3-9's & Nicks pivot 4.5mm for anything bigger
**Nicks DD and Pivot arms are the Quietest machines I have used or heard in person
B and G Shading: Changes all the time was on Nicks DD but now using RW springers!
Color packing: any with minimal give and over a 4mm stroke..

I have yet to get a machine that has been thoroughly reviewed on this Site and has been a dispointment. For that, A big thank you to the ROTARY FORUM creators and members!

*** Update on this, I got a mini cranker and I have to say it is a beast.... I have never lined as fast with any other rotary,