PDA

View Full Version : Rotary works spring rotary first impressions!

biggietattoos
08-10-2013, 09:06 PM
I got the brass springer in the mail from Dale today and luckily I had a couple tattoos to try it out on. So I'll go ahead and give my first impression of the machine. Obviously, I will definitely have to get some more time with it before I can give it a full review but so far here's my experience with it.

The first tattoo I did was small letters on a foot. I set up a seven round and put the hard spring in. I turned the give knob all the way hard for no give. It was a quick and easy tattoo and the machine worked well. I want to log more outlining time before I can say much more

the second tattoo I did was this flower I used RW with a 15 bugpin mag with the give dialed back a turn and a half from the hardest setting. I did all the color this way and right out the gate I gotta say... Fucking WOW! This machine preformed brilliantly for color! It was nice and smooth and blended well. I usually do my color work with a stigma hyper v3 and the rotary works was right on par with it.

Im very excited to continue to put it to the test

the one thing that I will say which isn't a negative thing but a subjective thing is that after using a hyper, an ego, and a gen 8 the brass frame on the RW feels like a ton. Sure ill get used to it. I'm sure this would be a great machine for those just converting to rotary from coils. Either way ill give a more in depth review in the coming weeks!
I couldn't thank Dale more for the trust and opportunity to try it out and for being an awesome dude

aurelien
08-11-2013, 03:54 PM
You haven't tried the soft spring then ? And about voltages ?

biggietattoos
08-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I haven't been able to so anything with the soft spring yet, I rarely do black and grey or soft washy tattoos so I can foresee that ill rarely use the soft spring. I found it ran best for color around 7-8 volts. I did a big solid bear paw print with it today it plows in solid black at about 8.5 volts with no give

aurelien
08-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Cool ! I was just wondering because I did the opposite ^^ I tried only the soft spring and I found it brilliant to do anything with the soft one and almost max give :) That's interesting to see all the options and ways to use it I'll try your way today !

biggietattoos
08-13-2013, 01:10 PM
So I got to do a small black and grey piece with it so I threw the soft spring on it with a bugpin 11 mag at about 7.5 volts with the give dialed back about 2 turns from the hardest setting and I was totally floored by how smooth it ran! very nice, I'd like to get a bigger black and grey piece in with it but the one i got to do pleasantly surprised me... I can see this fighting with my vivace 2.5 for my go to black and grey machine. I also did another full color piece with it and the hard spring and it ran great and blended nice smooth solid color.... I just finished lining a small tattoo with a tight 5, hard spring, at about 9 volts with no give and it threw a solid line but felt a bit off, the problem i always have with lining with rotaries is you can't "feel" the line going in solid in the skin the way you can with a coil (if that makes sense). It ran a clean line but without the feeling of that slight bog a coil gets when it hits that sweet spot, I always felt I had to second guess the line until I wiped it down and saw the results.... It's more of my problem than the machine's. Either way I think by the end of the week I should have enough time under my belt with it to write a full review of it. Thus far I'm very impressed and I think it is as well rounded as any other rotary I've tried. Here's the full color rose I got to do with it, I can see this machine being one of my go to color machines for sure 20962

aurelien
08-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice one mate

gangstajay
08-13-2013, 02:59 PM
thats nice big E

serial1313
08-13-2013, 03:57 PM
That rose is nice & smooth.

biggietattoos
08-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks fellas