PDA

View Full Version : A bit about me and what I use.

Cthulhu73
04-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Stumbled in and thought I'd make myself at home. Nice place you got here!
Name is Peter, a buddy passing through let me try out his rotary (Metaxa classic) last summer and I must say it has had very huge impact on my work. I have since picked up a Deluxe From Mike and a Swiss (Heidi) and they have become my daily workhorse machines. I have also bought (and sold) both a Hawk and a Hyper V2. Loved the Hawk for large mag stuff but absolutely hated the liners and ultimately decided the specialized needle thing just wasnt for me.The Hyper had too short a stroke for my taste and the "adjustable give" seemed more like a on/off switch. Design wise a pretty package but function left a lot to be desired. I use rotaries almost exclusively now and always on the look out for new toys.
...and yes I can be a long winded and my punctuation is horrid.

Cheers heres to getting to know you.

gangstajay
04-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Stumbled in and thought I'd make myself at home. Nice place you got here!
Name is Peter, a buddy passing through let me try out his rotary (Metaxa classic) last summer and I must say it has had very huge impact on my work. I have since picked up a Deluxe From Mike and a Swiss (Heidi) and they have become my daily workhorse machines. I have also bought (and sold) both a Hawk and a Hyper V2. Loved the Hawk for large mag stuff but absolutely hated the liners and ultimately decided the specialized needle thing just wasnt for me.The Hyper had too short a stroke for my taste and the "adjustable give" seemed more like a on/off switch. Design wise a pretty package but function left a lot to be desired. I use rotaries almost exclusively now and always on the look out for new toys.
...and yes I can be a long winded and my punctuation is horrid.

Cheers heres to getting to know you.
welcome, there are alot of good guys on this site and alot of builders as well , check out rotary works very nice machine for the price.. you also have the neo tat and the bishop..check Dan Kubin out for a direct drive rotary