PDA

View Full Version : Light house done with PrismaColor Pencils

DrewsJumpingShip
08-22-2013, 06:41 AM
I know the clouds are weird, my water has always been sub par as well. Any constructive posts are appreciated. 21140

gangstajay
08-22-2013, 07:17 AM
looks very smooth..I never could get those damn prisma pencil to look that good

sacredsouls
08-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Looks good man. Watch Jeff Gogue video about wave structure. Everyone should watch it.

serial1313
08-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I think you have the pencils figured out, that is real smooth. My only advice is on the actual drawing. If you are going to do something that is symmetrical, make sure that there is plenty about it that isn't the same on both sides. For example the rock the water the lightning the clouds. If you change those things about this piece it will make a huge difference. I have the same problem, I have to force myself to draw things not perfect. You have to think, nature isn't perfect & it's those imperfections that will give you a perfect piece. You should re-draw this same piece & make the changes that I pointed out & then compare the 2 pieces together & you will see your work look like a piece that you are wanting to draw. Making those changes will step up your artwork. The outside framing, the compass, & the lighthouse, & sunset look great.

gangstajay
08-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Looks good man. Watch Jeff Gogue video about wave structure. Everyone should watch it.

that is a great video

primoink
08-22-2013, 02:07 PM
looks sick i dig it

DrewsJumpingShip
08-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback guys, I see what you are saying and completely agree serial. I will have to give that a try ! I'll check out the gogue video as well

vodu
08-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Beautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nivek
08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I think you have the pencils figured out, that is real smooth. My only advice is on the actual drawing. If you are going to do something that is symmetrical, make sure that there is plenty about it that isn't the same on both sides. For example the rock the water the lightning the clouds. If you change those things about this piece it will make a huge difference. I have the same problem, I have to force myself to draw things not perfect. You have to think, nature isn't perfect & it's those imperfections that will give you a perfect piece. You should re-draw this same piece & make the changes that I pointed out & then compare the 2 pieces together & you will see your work look like a piece that you are wanting to draw. Making those changes will step up your artwork. The outside framing, the compass, & the lighthouse, & sunset look great.

Agree 100 % when is the last time you saw anything in nature symmetrical. Waves randomness add such a nice look no need for symmetry it actually tends to look "wrong" because our brains know that waves (and nature) are not symmetrical and even etc. When tattooing sometimes we fix that (like lining up an animals eyes even when they are not), water fire smoke etc and the chaotic patterns they make can really make a piece.

The rest of it is DOPE AS HELL !!

DrewsJumpingShip
08-23-2013, 12:20 AM
Agreed Nivek! Thanks for the pointers :D

mystweave
08-24-2013, 08:32 PM
When I first looked at this I thought it was awesome, then I read the comments and have to agree with them. It's still a cool piece though and the symmetrical thing doesn't bother me with this drawing. Nice work!

casey
08-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Stunning colours!

DrewsJumpingShip
08-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks guys! That's why I love getting critique. Something about it had been driving me crazy and I couldn't put my finger on it until it was mentioned.