PDA

View Full Version : gen 8 or halo?

cagelavey
08-25-2013, 11:13 AM
hey guys, I have a gen 8 and I like it a lot, but I hear so much about halos on here and I have an opportunity for a trade. just need honest opinion's on which is a more solid machine. like some give when I line. essentially that is what I use my gen 8 for, use vivace for color and b&g. any help would be great, also I like a little quieter machine. thanks

nivek
08-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Halo is quiet and adaptable. one or two cams and theres nothing it wont do... well !
That being said I haven't used a gen 8

slicksteel
08-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I have had all the other swashies and they were all good machines and well made with good service-but the halo is nice because it's simple , stream line ,easy to clean and can truly do it all with a few cam/motor changes. Also the service is local to you and is top notch. I have gotten rid of all my machines that are daily runners that are not made in usa.
I did this due to shipping/customs issues such as theft etc that is running rampant now days in other countries. Also the fees to ship can be quite high and you are out of the machine for quite awhile and it can be held up in customs for several months going to and from.And there is nothing you can really do about it once it is tagged for shipping out of country-it gets there on a wing & a prayer no matter how much you pay they will do nothing to get it back etc.
So I would say yes trade it because it's a great machine and local to you. If you dont like it I am sure you could get a swash back.:)

cagelavey
08-25-2013, 02:38 PM
thank you guys, I appreciate it. after this post gaston replied to me. that is something rare with such a large and successful business. that alone was enough to make my decision. I am just going to order one now, out of respect for such stellar professionalism. and I agree I like the idea of the company being reachable and the customer service being so good. if anything goes wrong or if I just need new motor bolt, body, etc...I know a solution would be close at hand. thanks everyone for the info and pm's. and thank you gaston I pm'd you back. I f**king love this forum!

cagelavey
08-25-2013, 02:40 PM
p.s. also I have been scouring this site for info, and nothing but good reviews of this machine(halo), so I am fairly confident I wont regret it.

sacredsouls
08-25-2013, 04:47 PM
I just got the halo in the mail yesterday. Haven't used it yet but it is very well made.

I only mentioned in another thread that I was gonna save for one and gaston pm'd me. Such a good dude. Good luck with your halo experience.

cagelavey
08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
thanks sacredsouls, im excited always feels like Christmas when getting a new machine