PDA

View Full Version : new direct drive , keep an eye out

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 12:25 PM
a lil review on a proto type that was sent to me.
well i cant metion who is making it but i can speak of the performance.
i recieved the machine packed very well and when i opened it i was like holy fuck the design is freaking sick, rca btw and its a direct drive, 4.0 stroke, very very elegantly made...
so that being said i used it for 3 diff tattoos.
1st to line and damn no struggles went in the skin with much ease, ive never lined with a dd and was very impressed, i think i finally found a rotary liner.
2nd i did a baseball size butterfly, yea i know cheesy but i used the dd for the orange and yellows and it blended so very nice with much ease.
3rd i did a skull black n grey using the formula 51 grey wash set ( thnx Bryan Merck for the sweetness btw ) using the dd again like ive said ive only used one other dd and the bng went in so smooth with no trauma, cand waith for these babies to be made and get in ur hands
very very very well made and very well designed, please dont ask who is making them bcause its kinda top secret hahahahaha
but when they are ready u will know exactly what dd im talking about.
that thing is kool as fuuuuuck looking and so sweet
keep an eye out and when they are ready i will let u all know
my understanding they will be going for about 340 with 3 cams and rca cable, thats a dope ass deal

(Opted Out)
08-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Orrrr todd from impact.

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 12:47 PM
ur not expecting this one, its a machine no one knows about

(Opted Out)
08-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Oooh is it the new calvin klien tattoo machine direct drive obsession for men? Hahaha

(Opted Out)
08-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Not to hijack the thread, machine sounds dope as fook and cant wait for pics!

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Oooh is it the new calvin klien tattoo machine direct drive obsession for men? Hahaha

damn how the hell did u figure that out? shit i thought i was the only one that gave it a test drive lmfao now i feel like a doh doh hahahaha

(Opted Out)
08-28-2013, 06:58 PM
damn how the hell did u figure that out? shit i thought i was the only one that gave it a test drive lmfao now i feel like a doh doh hahahaha

Haha, just seen on his facebook jimmie who does old13 greywash has a rotary machine almost ready to go!.. Could this be it? Haha... Im So nosey!

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Haha, just seen on his facebook jimmie who does old13 greywash has a rotary machine almost ready to go!.. Could this be it? Haha... Im So nosey!
deff not jimmees bcause it says its a direct drive and his is linier but cant wait to get that one too

Zapp
08-28-2013, 08:51 PM
deff not jimmees bcause it says its a direct drive and his is linier but cant wait to get that one too
You get free stuff to push it here !
But the way is ...

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
This one?
i said it wasnt spekra , its a machine that has not been spoke of at the moment, it was a proto and will be available soon, we all know about jimmees and todds and gastons already so it would be a surprise lol. keep guessing but i will not say who made it like stated in the post, just keep ur eyes open bcause its gonna be dope. i will let everyone know as soon as its ready :)

tatu richie
08-28-2013, 09:08 PM
You get free stuff to push it here !
But the way is ...
i do get a bit of really kool new stuff and yes this being a forum with so many talented tattooers then its a great place to spread the word ;)

crabink
08-29-2013, 01:24 AM
we all know its fkirons new DD... its not hard to figure that out

asA
08-29-2013, 09:20 AM
we all know its fkirons new DD... its not hard to figure that out
Clearly crab can't read.... As it says clearly its not from Spektra.

skinmech
08-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Nothing is, technically, Free....It takes years of experience and dedication for Suppliers/Builders/Companies to have the confidence to invest in your ability to get the best opinion on their product.........With that out of the way, I fukn love test driving stuff, LOL....Peace y'all, P...:D

PS....I bet it isn't the New Rotar DD.........

(Opted Out)
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Hahaha ritchie and his "rotard" hahaha

gangstajay
08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
well I know Lammy posted a dope one on his page

tatu richie
08-29-2013, 02:38 PM
Nothing is, technically, Free....It takes years of experience and dedication for Suppliers/Builders/Companies to have the confidence to invest in your ability to get the best opinion on their product.........With that out of the way, I fukn love test driving stuff, LOL....Peace y'all, P...:D

PS....I bet it isn't the New Rotar DD.........

hahahahaha deff not the rotard
not any of the mentioned machines, we all know about them already
ur right asa i guess they cant read hahahaha

tatu richie
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
ok so here it is, its official , this is the direct drive i been talking about. comes with 3 cams and rca cable
price is between $330 - $350
great machine and very well built

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 02:55 PM
its 325 on kingpin, right?

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 03:14 PM
http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/9981-cool-design-n-e-one-know-anything-about-this this was posted at 1:08am yesterday. that's cool I love kingpin. its awesome they got their own machine. I just wish more direct drives were able to cover the fact that they are direct drives, lol.(like the flite v2) I just started out with homemade dd machines and it is still so hard for me to go full circle, lol. I remember when I first seen they were making professional dd's (at least to the best of my knowledge at the time) I was all up in arms over it. I thought they were created for scratchers at the time as a marketing ploy, because I had seen so many a scratcher, prison artist have difficulty switching to a relay machine, so I thought companies had started making them just to cater to the ones who couldn't cut it and couldn't make the change to "professional machines".(relay) I now know that is not the case, but it is still so hard for me to unthink that way after it being ingrained in me for so long. im slowly coming around, lol, but still prefer a machine to at least look different than a dd even if it is, for now at least. i know it sounds silly but im just being honest. its just in my mind its like all the time I learned to tune, customize and achieve all that comes with knowing a coil is for nothing, I know that's not right but sometimes it can be hard for me to let go of an idea even if I know my thinking can sometimes inhibit my personal process because obviously function is first and foremost.

henryyuvallos
09-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Joey D from infinite irons is still about to release hes new DD.. Looks like so many coil builders and slowly switching to making rotaries.

darkness
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
any knowing how much watt the motor has ? the hm work with a 6w motor and no other dd that i have used since would beat this machine with the motor so i think the motor is a important feature

gangstajay
10-01-2013, 08:29 PM
I think he was talking about kingpins DD

tatu richie
10-01-2013, 08:42 PM
any knowing how much watt the motor has ? the hm work with a 6w motor and no other dd that i have used since would beat this machine with the motor so i think the motor is a important feature
not sure about the watts, something ur gonna have to ask them, i do know its a maxon motor

cagelavey
10-01-2013, 11:44 PM
I see some key similarities between this(kingpin)machine and the new spektra direkt. not saying anything foul about it. it just seems they may work really similar depending on the volt of the maxon motor being used in each. I know cam size plays a factor also. but id be happy with either I think. got to love that price tag on that kingpin! granted you don't have the motor bolt like on the spektra direkt. I don't know, lol. I guess I like them both

tatu richie
10-02-2013, 03:53 PM
they r a 6v motor btw , just found out

darkness
10-02-2013, 06:29 PM
wow ... the 6 are the best that i found out ... so i go to order my new toy :)

tatu richie
10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
just got the new vortex today. weighs in at 3.96 ounces. rca cable and 3 cams. runs so damn smooth... cams are 3.2 3.6 and 4.0
ill be posting a vid up soon

tatu richie
10-09-2013, 02:20 PM
here is a short vid. i cant take pics or video so here ya go. at the end the noise u here is my hand tryin to turn the phone off hahahaha
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202162209115319&l=4508823789837598701

cagelavey
10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
sounds clean, I have you ran any carts through it? just wondering. im pry definitely going to pick one of those up as my first dd machine, I like everything about it, especially the design and price.

tatu richie
10-09-2013, 02:51 PM
sounds clean, I have you ran any carts through it? just wondering. im pry definitely going to pick one of those up as my first dd machine, I like everything about it, especially the design and price.
i have used t tech and its good to go :)

Mission Tattoo
10-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Lots of holes to clean

tatu richie
10-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Lots of holes to clean
lmfao bag that baby :)

johndameart
10-09-2013, 09:53 PM
thats not a bad price at all