View Full Version : Looks like Workhorse is getting in on the game

Administrator
04-08-2011, 05:43 PM
http://www.workhorseirons.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=WHROT

http://www.workhorseirons.com/ImagesNew/TattooMachines/WorkhorseRotary.jpg

Coming in May.

fatcashdaddy
04-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I think i read somewhere that they will be carrying the special technique rotary's

Administrator
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Lucky's had them, maybe WH will pick them up too? They may be building their own, now way to tell until they launch.

mike h
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
i think there made of delrin so very light,jack mosher has been testing them out and rates them as pretty good-may be worth asking him for info .

fatcashdaddy
04-08-2011, 07:00 PM
yeah i was watching a youtube video and the guy (I don't know if it was jack mosher) was using a black delrin special technique and said that it would be available through workhorse

Alie K
04-08-2011, 08:32 PM
I don't think Specialtechnique was selling delrin to Lucky's. He had mentioned to me that they were lateral machines and I think they were made of metal. I could be wrong though. Maybe he is selling different models to different suppliers?

HEAD
04-08-2011, 09:08 PM
They are going to be delrin. He says he's waiting on them to make his drive bar.

inked
04-21-2011, 10:02 AM
http://vimeo.com/22412852

Check out the new WHI rotary , its in there somewhere , keep ur eyes peel people! :)

Dan Kubin
04-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Ugly Bill / Special technique worked with Workhorse to get a machine going. It has both the Workhorse and Special Technique logos on it. It is a really simplistic, low profile, delrin slingshot style rotary with a carbon fiber a-bar for a slight dampening.
They will be available for $350.
We have one at the shop that I have been using as a liner, and it is pretty legit.
It has a little bit of a buzz to it, but that in a sense adds to it's performance.
Seeing how it is Workhorse Irons, they will have replacement parts available.

as a side note, the one-off machines that Special Technique will start making will be compatible with the replacement parts available through Workhorse Irons.

inked
04-21-2011, 11:34 AM
thanks for the info Dan!

Zapp
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Sounds good !

The Limey
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
That looks pretty good from what I can see, the Special Technique influence is definitely visible on the armature bar too.

specialtechnique
04-23-2011, 02:06 AM
hi everyone. i will start posting photos of the workhorse irons rotary when soba says it's cool to do so :] the machine was designed by soba and myself. it has a steel tube vise and a delrin body, so the balance is really nice. soba opted for a long stroke, around 3.5mm... so you have some options as far as what needle group you want to use with it. it runs nice from very fast to very slow also. soba blacked out all the parts, even the flywheel, except for the armature peg and the contacts. those are antiqued brass. i expect to see those hitting the street in about 8-10 days. needless to say, i'm super excited. thanks everyone :]

specialtechnique
04-23-2011, 02:13 AM
yes, i prefer not to sell the same product through different suppliers. the Tracker style we made for Lucky Supply were beautiful, but very hard to make. the difficulty level made us push those to the back burner. Lucky's made it clear they were only interested in carrying that model from us. thanks...

honkeykong
04-25-2011, 11:48 PM
I have this machine, Bill brought it to me as a prototype. I had never used rotarys before, and this thing is awesome. Thats me in the above video using it. I use it strictly for shading and coloring, havent used it as a liner yet. Its super light weight, louder than the average rotary, and whoops ass, i love it!

gangstajay
04-26-2011, 12:52 AM
dope video honkey kong..the tattoo looked dope as well.. interested in seing this machine on the market

mike h
04-30-2011, 03:33 AM
workhorse has these in stock ,phoned them today and got mine sorted!

peter clements
04-30-2011, 04:36 AM
workhorse has these in stock ,phoned them today and got mine sorted!

Mike, please give us a full review when you get it.

peter clements
04-30-2011, 04:45 AM
Just been to the Workhorse website-they are no longer in stock, so it didn't take long for those to get snapped up. I must say I really like the look of the machine, great aesthetics. If it were in stock I would've ordered, I'm useless at resisting when all you have to do is make a few clicks and the machine is on it's way.

Zapp
04-30-2011, 09:12 AM
F...,i need one !!!!
Looks a bit bulky, would be great to know the weight !

peter clements
04-30-2011, 02:10 PM
F...,i need one !!!!
Looks a bit bulky, would be great to know the weight !

As has been said by "Honkykong" it's super lightweight, being mainly made of Delrin it will be.

Zapp
04-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I read the weight is 3.5 oz !

peter clements
04-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I read the weight is 3.5 oz !

Very nice, I've put myself on the waiting list, I couldn't resist it :)

Zapp
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Very nice, I've put myself on the waiting list, I couldn't resist it :)
Where you have orderd ?
Workhorse U.S.A or Worhorse Austria ?

peter clements
04-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Where you have orderd ?
Workhorse U.S.A or Worhorse Austria ?

USA, I simply responded to this (Please email [email protected] to be added to the waiting list.) I sent them a simple Email, I have an account with them already,so I just have to hope to hear from them.

mike h
04-30-2011, 06:11 PM
it may be worth phoning them ,they sent me an email saying they had them in stock yesterday but they werent avalible on the site yet and were only accepting phone orders.call them they may still be holding stock-good luck.

Zapp
05-03-2011, 06:29 PM
it may be worth phoning them ,they sent me an email saying they had them in stock yesterday but they werent avalible on the site yet and were only accepting phone orders.call them they may still be holding stock-good luck.
I called worhorse and placed my order !
It looks like they have a great customer service !
They have now a few on there website,i read its just a handfull from the first batch !
Hurry up !!!!

inked
05-03-2011, 11:30 PM
just ordered and paid, will do a review once i get my hands on it. WHI customer service is always top notch and a breeze to work with ;)

JuNiOr
05-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Wicked amazing must have 1 for my collection