PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Works Springer Review.

biggietattoos
09-02-2013, 01:53 PM
ROTARYWORKS SPRING ULTIMATE WARRIOR REVIEW

Well I've had this machine for a few weeks now and have been able to use it for multiple tattoos and multiple different applications. So here I'm going to break down my full review of this machine and what I found to be it's strongest and weakest points.

TECH SPECS:
First off let me say that this machine is gorgeous and incredibly well built the brass frame makes it a solid heavy weight but after some use I got used to it. The machine had a strong running 12volt motor that has a very wide range of running. (6-10v) it comes with a hard and a soft spring that are incredibly easy to switch out from tattoo to tattoo for a very fun, diverse, and useful machine.

HARD SPRING USE:
Since I tend to tattoo more solid and bold and in color mostly I started with the hard spring. This proved to be the most effective for color work. With the give screw turned 1.5 to 2 turns back from it's hardest setting I worked with this setting between 7.5 and 8 volts using bugpin 11 and 15 curved mags for nice color blends and solid color packing when needed. I tightened down the give completely and bumped it up to 8.5 volts for some brilliant solid black packing on a tribal piece. I outlined a couple pieces with the hard spring (7 round), it always takes some time to get used to lining with different rotaries so I wasn't completely comfortable out the gate but I could see getting there with it if I had longer to experiment. Although a coworker of mine who uses rotaries only used it and said she was mostly comfortable lining with it right away.

SOFT SPRING USE:
I got the chance to load the soft spring on a black and grey tattoo and also on a couple smaller softer color jammers. Let me say first off that black and grey is something I don't like to do a lot of. I just have more fun with color... that being said once I got to do a b&g piece with the soft spring and the give screw dialed back 2 full turns at about 7.5 volts and a curved 15 bugpin mag this machine made me enjoy black and grey! Simply brilliant! It build up nice soft tones and made my work smoother. I've been using a vivace 2.5 for black and grey recently and this was right on par with it and I can see it working even better with some more time behind it. I absolutely love the way it ran and how it works so effortlessly for soft tattoos.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:
While it definitely has some getting used to with the weight and has the "learning curve" for lining that I didn't quite get comfortable with in my time with it this machine is incredible for virtually any tattoo you would need it for. I can easily see 2 or 3 of these and a coil liner as a daily arsenal (especially with the great build quality you get for the price). at the end of the day it's all about personal preference and comfort and if you use coils this would be an amazing introductory machine if you want to give rotaries a try. If you're used to lighter rotaries then there is a Aluminum version that I am certain will be equally awesome. This is an easy to adjust easy to use no bullshit machine with a straightforward design. on a 10 point scale I gotta give the Rotary Works Springer 8.5/10.

Quick Summary
STRONG POINTS:
Color, solid packing, and soft black and grey

LESS-STRONG POINTS:
Lining takes time to adjust to, weight with the brass frame can be tough to get used to.

Thanks Dale for trusting me with your machine. Can't wait to try another!21360213612136221363

The Ink Project
01-16-2014, 09:30 AM
Just got mine in Aluminum version.......and....i'm AMAZED!!!!!!! just do anything!!!!!!!

serial1313
01-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks for posting this, I just got an aluminum version of this machine.