PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

tnglc
09-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Thought I would swing in and say hi to everyone and tell you all a little about me.

My name is Greg and I am 34. I finished my apprenticeship this past March (2013).

I spent 15 years working as a machinist in various industrial settings. At my last job I suffered severe damage to my right arm.
While out of work trying to recover, I picked art back up and began drawing for the first time in twenty plus years as a part of therapy.
Knowing I would never be able to return to industry, and rekindling my love of art I decided I would like to tattoo. Why? I don't know. Maybe
because I got a tattoo just a couple weeks before I killed my arm. Maybe because in a sense I always wanted to do it. Hell, I honestly don't
know what set the bell off in my head. All I can say is I am damned glad I never had tv to see the shows or I would have never walked through
the door on this career.

I was lucky enough to get an apprenticeship with a well respected local shop and be taught by artists that excel in different areas of tattooing.
I still have not found my place yet, but I enjoy the experience of learning and pushing my envelope.

I look forward to meeting other artists here and continuing to expand my knowledge (and hopefully sharing some too).

My rotary collection started with HM's set of slide rotaries. Another artist in the shop got one (la santamaria) in a trade and let me try it. I fell in love and ordered the complete set of three slide rotaries. Since receiving them, they have pretty much taken top spot in my box leaving most of my coils to collect dust. Essentially 80% of my lining is done with the HM La Nina. Close to 100% color packing and shading are done with the other HM machines. I would order another set as backups, but with my experience in machining, I am sure they will not be needed for quite a while. Thanks to Roman and the HM Team for making a machine of this caliber.