PDA

View Full Version : Nedz MR03 Review

dvdbrwn
09-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Just a quick comment and review on Nedz MR03. I took advantage of the original forum offer to purchase the new MR03 and as you may already know the first machine wasn't really ready to be released. Since that release, however, Ed has made tremendous improvements on the new MR03 and I've recently received mine and been using it now for a few days.

The new MR03 lines very smooth at 5 volts up to 9rl. I do have to slow down some lining with a 14rl and feel like a few more volts might help speed things along, but Ed recommends 5 volts max on this Maxom motor because the differences in power supplies being used vary so much. Shading and packing with mags up to 17 (so far) is accomplished easily between 4 and 4.5 volts.

I'm so glad I waited for this machine, it's so comfortable and balanced in my hand and can easily handle the work. I'm using T-Tech exclusively.

Jack Steel
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
the maxon is rated to 6volts if i'm right , it can handle easy 6-8volts ;)

johndameart
09-04-2013, 08:46 PM
yeah I am waiting to get my hands on one, pretty excited.

asA
09-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Hope the kinks are worked out. The mro3 is the first machine ive ever purchased that didnt tattoo. And the fixes made it worse. Cost me a hundred bucks to send it back and a few weeks of waiting to get a refund.

dvdbrwn
09-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Ed just informed me it is rated up to 12 volts and the recommendation for 5 volts max was a very conservative warning. The machine did line okay at 5 volts using 14rl I just slowed down to get single pass smooth lines. With a little more power it should run the 14rl a little quicker.

johndameart
09-14-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah I cant wait to get one in my hands

Jack Steel
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
if u run a 6volt motor at 12volt , it will die , soon ...

Nedz
09-14-2013, 06:12 PM
That's not what Maxon say the fact is if you run a 6 volt Swiss motor 12 volts you reduce the life of the motor by half. So if the motor is rated to last 3000 hours at 6 volts it will last 1500 hours at 12 volts this data can be confirm with Maxon themselves. Maxon them selves do thousands of hours of testing on all their motors and document it in their catalog and website.

cagelavey
09-14-2013, 06:16 PM
"nedz" so how many hours are the mr03 rated to run if you were to run them say 6-7v max, you know for bigger liners?

Nedz
09-14-2013, 06:21 PM
3000 hours that's what Maxon say.

cagelavey
09-14-2013, 06:39 PM
thanks, im very interested in those machines, and now that I heard the kinks are worked out I will be taking one for a drive.

Nedz
09-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Let me know as I will alway give a discount to forum members.

cagelavey
09-14-2013, 06:48 PM
thanks I definitely will, I have my student loans coming in this month so a week or two, but ill have some money to play with. much appreciated.

Jack Steel
09-16-2013, 03:45 AM
@nedz , the Hours rated on the maxon website and data files = not with the same mechanics as we put on them ...
and a 6volt winding will not just take half it's life , (coming from a guy i know who assembles the maxons in holland )
the wire is thinner, and can stand less heat , but hey what do i know.
good luck with the machines ;)

Nedz
09-16-2013, 07:49 AM
I can only post what information Maxon give me and they say they test their motors for a 1000 hours under various conditions.

Here is the email maybe I read it wrong:

Good Morning Edward
The voltage is proportional the speed. 6 volt winding at rated speed off 7000 rpm when connected to 12 volts will run at 14000 rpm. Now this is not a problem but the life of the motor will reduce. Maxon have tested our motors at the max permissible speed for 1000 hours which is where we get the catalogue figures. We are Swiss and very conservative! Depending on the load , environment and the application the life can be be 100 hours or 9000 hours. So I would advise take a standard voltage winding perhaps 4.5 or 6 volts run it at 12 volts or if you have lower voltage use that to achieve 12000 rpm.

How are the 22mm working out?

Please come back with any question.

Kind Regards

Greg

Jack Steel
09-16-2013, 10:09 AM
that is indeed what they said , but a 6volt winding will not last , imagine driving a car under constant 6000rpms ....
we all shift different, but i would suggest a 6volt winding at 8500rpm , that way when u dial it in at 7.5volt u will have more then enough speed and less vibration then a 6volt runing at 12volt continuesly ...
but also torque and stall torque play a big roll in this equasion , i remember a builder using highspeed and low mhm and that motor ran hot and burned out ..
ive tested a lot of motors the last year, and in that time being, all the 3 and 6volts out there died prematurely when pushed to it's limits (this also due to the windings)
i'm not trying to tell you how to do your job or anything in that cathegory , just some friendly advice ...
you don't want to get 100machines back with burned out motors ... i know i wouldnt ;)

johndameart
01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
My little review on the MR03:

I have been able to get a hold of one of these a few weeks ago.

After opening the box and picking up this machine, it is VERY well balanced, and very nice in your hand with the shape of the grip that is produced with this machine. After plugging it into my critical it is VERY smooth. Very smooth. Lining, shading, and coloring with this machine has been very ideal and very consistent. I personally prefer a longer stroke, but i have compensated with the shorter length that this machine is capable of and still, works perfect. I am very pleased with this model and me being a cartridge user almost 100% of the time, this machine kills the job on the cartridges.

With the pen like shape and the way the grip is I personally have not had ANY hand fatigue or cramping in long sessions. clients have even told me it doesn't feel NEARLY as bad as your standard tattoo machines. Will def keep using this.

It has run anywhere from a 3rl to a 9 rl with ease and also a 9 curved mag to my 27 curved mags both from Cheyenne, and ttech tattoo.

jasonadelinia
01-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Hey john, how many hours use has it had? I'm keen on this machine but I'm still worried about its false start.

johndameart
01-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Use say over 50? No problems what so ever

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Richard Peel
01-19-2014, 06:57 AM
What discount did you get on this and have you used any other cartage machines like hawk etc and if so how does it compare, cheers

brandonmull
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Ed i am interested in your zero micro Rotary, what is the cost in dollars for this machine?