PDA

View Full Version : Mini cranker help

tattood
09-08-2013, 04:24 PM
I have a 2012 cranker and have to say it is a beast and my new daily liner. That being said, it does have a little noise to it and was wondering if there was a way to quiet it down...

(Opted Out)
09-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Yes if yours doesnt already have it on as standard.. dan Does a small metal clip that goes over the a-bar, and that will then offer zero give instead of the maybe 3% dampening it has as standard... That reduced the noise on mine by a little bit, its not a silencer but yes it does quiet it down a bit. :)

tattood
09-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Cool and thank you.. I also think there seems to be some play were the a bar pivots and that my be causing the noise.. The noise is not the irritating vibration noise that some rotaries have so its definitely no big deal..

(Opted Out)
09-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah also once the black plastic bit has 40+ hours on it it can wear away slightly making it noisyer, dan will send you a new one for under $10 think it was when i ordered one...

sacredsouls
09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Mine has an oring on it to hold the black plastic link in place to the abar. Let me see if I have a pic.

sacredsouls
09-08-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't have a picture if it right now. There is a smallish oring that is on top the black plastic link on the front of the abar and on the bottom on the rear of the abar if that makes since. Locks the link from being able to flop.

tattood
09-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't have a picture if it right now. There is a smallish oring that is on top the black plastic link on the front of the abar and on the bottom on the rear of the abar if that makes since. Locks the link from being able to flop.

sounds good, found a pic of what u were talking about and it did quiet it down some