PDA

View Full Version : First time using a Halo, addition to the rose from before.

Jin
09-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Tried a Halo for the first time, 3.2mm. V3 for sharpening and highlighting. Waverly Bluebird, Kuro Sumi, Waverly White, and Envy needles. I think I need to go back and get some more midtones in there and clean up some of the edges, realized while photoshopping that the hands look a little rough for my taste. Let me know what you guys think.

cagelavey
09-11-2013, 03:27 PM
how did you like the halo compared to the v3 you used on the flower? definitely more mid tones but your work is great i can tell youre a real artist.

Jin
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM
how did you like the halo compared to the v3 you used on the flower? definitely more mid tones but your work is great i can tell youre a real artist.

It was definitely different for me. It has a much more subtle give system, and I had to get used to the stroke difference, but I loved it nonetheless. I have a 2.5mm coming in that I'm going to try soon as well. And I really appreciate the compliment, thank you.

fkirons
09-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Looking good bro, I agree with you regarding building the tones on a second seating, but nonetheless looking good.
Enjoy the machine and if you have any questions just ask.