PDA

View Full Version : Direct Drive and Disposable Tube Problem

scottrallen
09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
So it seems that I have been having a problem using disposable tubes with my Dan Kubin Mini Direct Drive. The problem that I'm having is that no matter the tension from bands or use/non-use of needle runners/bands combo, that the disposables are getting wrecked and creating a lot of plastic dust. Usually from the tip(sometimes sidewall of the backstem too). Thankfully I noticed it before starting to tattoo. It hasn't happened every time but it has happened enough to be a concern.

Maybe its me and that I can't find that "perfect ride" or something, but I have set up the same way and tried slightly different bends or no bends on the bar, at the sloder point ect... over and over again and it seems to happen at random. I tried with Tatsoul tubes and kingpin tubes and it happens just the same. I understand that there is a side to side sway of the needle bar. That's expected. But still it happens, even with needlerunners. Makes me not want to use the machine. Which sucks because with stainless tubes its killer! I just don't want to use stainless anymore.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

fkirons
09-16-2013, 01:12 AM
So it seems that I have been having a problem using disposable tubes with my Dan Kubin Mini Direct Drive. The problem that I'm having is that no matter the tension from bands or use/non-use of needle runners/bands combo, that the disposables are getting wrecked and creating a lot of plastic dust. Usually from the tip(sometimes sidewall of the backstem too). Thankfully I noticed it before starting to tattoo. It hasn't happened every time but it has happened enough to be a concern.

Maybe its me and that I can't find that "perfect ride" or something, but I have set up the same way and tried slightly different bends or no bends on the bar, at the sloder point ect... over and over again and it seems to happen at random. I tried with Tatsoul tubes and kingpin tubes and it happens just the same. I understand that there is a side to side sway of the needle bar. That's expected. But still it happens, even with needlerunners. Makes me not want to use the machine. Which sucks because with stainless tubes its killer! I just don't want to use stainless anymore.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Use an o ring just on the neck of the vise. I tried a few direct with the same oring we use around our motorBolts and had no problem. Message me if you want to try a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

scottrallen
09-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, Gaston. I'd totally be down to try. PM sent.