PDA

View Full Version : i know, but had to post anyway

cagelavey
09-22-2013, 11:29 PM
I know that this Vincent guy is the knock off king of the world, and frankly, fuck him, and I would never support him by buying any of his bitch ass knock offs. but I saw this machine, and in all honesty thought to myself, "damn" it just seems like such an easy solution to the give that everyone is always looking for in a rotary. my question is, is there a machine that this is a knock off of? because if so id love to know, because this design just screams to me! it looks unique to me. let me know what you guys think. I value your guys input a lot and would to love to know if there are other machines that share this design. to reiterate, I do not support this rip off artist, but a cool design is a cool design.http://www.worldwidetattoo.com/english/showimage?type=product&loc=products/2957.jpg&width=600

throwhammers
09-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Are you refering to the rear facing motor? That`s Special Technique (bill and brian, though it is my understanding they are operating seperately under the same name now) and the made one for Workhorse irons too.

If you mean the short front spring, then dino casarin made one with that idea (though his machine was more elegant: http://www.e-tattoo.gr/index.php?c=23&p=1809)

if you mean both together... looks like vincent is your man.

I actually modified a swiss machine with a front spring design like that a year ago or so. It was clunky looking but it worked. Not well enough for me to keep using it though.

cagelavey
09-23-2013, 08:11 AM
yeah ive seen those other machines, I guess I just like the whole concept of this particular design. I might would grab one and Frankenstein it, by throwing better shit on it(like maxon motor, etc.) if I were so inclined. however I am not. but I just cant help but like the flow of it.

bretttattoos
09-26-2013, 02:20 PM
caught my eye too.. im bad about scrolling ebay and sifting through all the knock offs to try and find a kubin or something worth bidding on and saw this. messaged him and asked about the motor setup, he says its a premo japanese motor.. probably mabuchi (he didnt know the brand name) my guess was it wasnt mr vincent himself i was talking to. but yes it looks like the workhorse, but i kinda dig the spring and rear facing motor, mainly the connecting rod thing with the middle bearing if that made any since. i guess itd be a good machine for 200 bucks, but you probably wont get a ton of respect for using it. my guess anyway