PDA

View Full Version : RPG with Stigma Beast

Dreviltattoo
09-24-2013, 12:35 PM
So the push bar that comes with the RPG has a large or thick eye on the bar so it doesn't fit in the slot. It's also to long. No worries. The way he made the RPG all you have to do is cut a needle bar about 5/16" shorter and file the end smooth and rounded. I really didn't like this machine for lining because of needle walk, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lot better now with carts. Just thought I would share.

chris-in-cali
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
I love my beast for lining....thanks for the heads up on this.

Did you decide to take out the return spring on your beast when using carts?
I know that they say it is not necessary but double spring tension cant be good on a motor.

Also, have you tried the 10 watt motor?

Dreviltattoo
09-24-2013, 01:54 PM
good call. i didn't even think of that. I haven't it used it yet (waiting for my 3 o'clock now). i'll take it out now. thanks! i have the 4,5 motor. i can't see needing the 10. i like how it just slightly bogs. I run it in the low 7's.

Dreviltattoo
09-24-2013, 02:02 PM
yeah start up is better and it's running a lil faster. thanks again!

fkirons
09-24-2013, 06:54 PM
So the push bar that comes with the RPG has a large or thick eye on the bar so it doesn't fit in the slot. It's also to long. No worries. The way he made the RPG all you have to do is cut a needle bar about 5/16" shorter and file the end smooth and rounded. I really didn't like this machine for lining because of needle walk, but I have a feeling it's going to be a lot better now with carts. Just thought I would share.

Let me know how you like it. The Drive bar was meant will fit most machines with regular distance from armature to vice. The Beast is a beat shorter and cutting like you mention is perfectly fine.

I'd like to know how you find the RPG with the Stigma.
Best of luck!

scottrallen
09-24-2013, 07:07 PM
They look like they were "made" for each other.

Dreviltattoo
09-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Yeah I can't see buying a hawk now. All it is is a direct drive. Can't see how it would be any different. I'll post a review after some time with it. I've been using carts for a couple months and don't see ever going back. The stylus is great and now I can use em with my other machines.

chris-in-cali
09-24-2013, 11:41 PM
hey gaston....you can send me over a RPG....i'll test it with my beasts and let you know how they get on....lol

chris-in-cali
09-24-2013, 11:47 PM
good call. i didn't even think of that. I haven't it used it yet (waiting for my 3 o'clock now). i'll take it out now. thanks! i have the 4,5 motor. i can't see needing the 10. i like how it just slightly bogs. I run it in the low 7's.

ya...i didnt really think i would need my 10 watt either
until the other day when i needed to push a 14rl cart on some really squishy ribs.
crazy man....lining with a 14rl at 7.5 volts.....alot of power at very low volts.
not really a big deal, but i fucking hate vibration when im lining

cool to start a thread on the beasts....not too much info out there on them and i fucking love mine for lining

Dreviltattoo
09-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Yeah they work well together. I didn't like it for lining w a standard setup because it has needle walk w standard setup. Def is way better w carts and the RPG. prob won't be using it now seeing how my 2 halo's came today. Haha. Prob selling one. I only need one w carts. Did one 4 hr pc today w a 3.2, RPG etc. halo ran smooth. And I was lining at 7.8 and shading and blending at 6.5. Not sure why people are running them at 10v???

joelhague
09-29-2013, 05:10 AM
the hawk seems to have a bit of magic tho it does have slight dampening due to the push rod being so thin, and the motor is really zippy and def my quietest machine ... i gotta post up some pics of my rpg on my mc2 now thats a beatuty.... i weighed the hawk thunder vs halo +rpg , and the halo + delrin rpg is actually even lighter then the thunder! pretty damn cool

joelhague
09-29-2013, 05:11 AM
ya 9v is as high as i ever take my halos and you can def work with way less

fkirons
09-29-2013, 07:04 AM
If you take the stay up spring (or even better if you cut it in half) the machine will work really smooth with plenty of power.
Never had to run my machines more than 9.5.
I look forward to hearing more feedback from our RPGs. Thanks

cagelavey
09-29-2013, 07:52 AM
you can just cut the stay up spring? you don't have to remove completely while using carts? just wondering cause this is the first post ive seen stating this. that's cool.

fkirons
09-29-2013, 11:38 AM
you can just cut the stay up spring? you don't have to remove completely while using carts? just wondering cause this is the first post ive seen stating this. that's cool.

Half of a spring will give you just enough to run carts with no issues and retract slider when cartridge is not install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)