PDA

View Full Version : Workhouse Irons Rotary 2

darkness
09-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi all , i consider to buy a new Rotary to my gen8 , bishop and Taylor , HM ...
so i think about the workhorse irons rotary 2 or the MARV Custom Workhorse Rotary Liner.

Have any here experience with this machines ... or infos how good this system working.
I have a high hand speed and work most with #10 bugpins for realistic Portraits.

i have seen a very similar rotary on ebay with rca and a needle bar..

gangstajay
09-27-2013, 01:23 AM
I have the first gen of this machine...sits in my draw... tried to use it several times...it is the loudest clackity ..clack machine ever.very punchy runs at low volts. I really like the design of the machine. doesn't look like they changed much from what I can see. except the clip cord connection and the color but I could be wrong.from what I am reading on the specs they did make some changes maybe they solved the problem

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 01:44 AM
I just cant do it. I just think those machines are down right ugly! I mean my machines are my girls, and I couldn't pull out a workhorse irons rotary 2 or the MARV Custom Workhorse Rotary Liner and be like look at my girls, lol. id be more like do they make opaque black machine bags, lol. seriously though I know machine function is first and foremost but looks have a lot to do with my buys also. that machine from the knock off king on the other hand, I cant lie, id throw a maxon motor in that bitch and put in some work, lmao. good design, I cant lie I like it.

slicksteel
09-27-2013, 01:52 AM
haha! vincent looks like what the workhorse should be in its second second gen . Why would anyone pay to have a machine with another mans name blasted all over and a dye job.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:00 AM
I agree in both cases (workhorse and Vincent) who does that? but youre right, not very creative in a second release

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:01 AM
rofl, kung fu grip!

slicksteel
09-27-2013, 02:08 AM
buy that vincent and give us a review-never know might be a real gem!

cagelavey
but at least if I had that machine from Vincent, I could play it off like, "yeah its the Vincent van gogh of tattoo machines" lmao

Patrick
I had a 1st gen workhorse rotary and, while it lined okay and did pack solid color really well at low volts and was really light, it sounded like a freaking rattletrap.
Maybe they remedied the noise factor. Other than that, it was a decent machine.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:15 AM
I pry will ive been eye balling it(the Vincent) something about the design just looks right to me, I cant help it. just seems like such an easy solution to the right amount of give for a rotary. I cant lie I might be the owner of one soon. ive checked thoroughly and haven't seen it as a knock off of anything, so I think im safe in not supporting something that takes from a good builders hard earned ideas. but at the same time id be giving that fuck money when he steals in so many other ways. conundrum

Jack Steel
09-27-2013, 04:56 AM
the vincent still looks china to me tbh , just like the bazooka looks like a dragonfly
http://www.tattooinventory.com/tmvc-series-tattoo-machines/2479-vincent-fusion-rotary.html
they sell it for 80$ all that for 80$???

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 05:21 AM
I know I just like the design of it I like how it is set up, I know it is pry cheap and nothing special considering the source. but im not gonna lie and say I don't see the potential in the design. like I said if you could take it and Frankenstein it with above board parts, who knows. worth the trouble pry not, but I love fuckin wit machines, so who knows

darkness
09-27-2013, 03:07 PM
thanks for all the info ...i think i´m going with a new vivace - the are always good :)

joelhague
09-27-2013, 03:40 PM
the vincent machines are made by worldiwde tattoo, or they are selling all his machines atleast.... it looks like the sunskin primus and workhorse machine had a crack baby... i live 30 minutes from worldwide tattoo canada ill drive down there and plug it in and post up my finding

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 03:43 PM
that would be awesome bro, thanks

darkness
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
hi , joelhague ...have you now try the vincent machines ? ...

vsprotoss
11-03-2013, 12:52 PM
1. WWT is the dogshit of the industry. Worldwide Tattoo Supply is a scratcher's paradise with many knockoffs.

2. "Vincent" is the English name of an asian tattoo artist that is friends with the owner of WWTS. He has no clue how to make a tattoo machine. WWT got the idea that they needed a tattoo artist's name attached to their knockoffs so it sounds more legitimate. Hence you have "Vincent". I met him at a convention mind you and he has not fuckin clue how to tune a machine or understand the mechanics. It's all smoke screen folks.

3. The new rotary machine is a Frankenstein. It looks like they took the pistons from the dragonfly for the back, stigma vice knob, dragonfly needle tensioner, Workhorse rotary frame concept, a few coil machine parts and put together a ridiculous machine and slapped "Vincent" (read section2).

4. NEVER BUY FROM WWTS. I doubt they even sterilize their needles and tubes. One of their old employees made such an announcement before it was taken down somewhere else.