Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by feedtheworm View Post
    Thankfully for paypal he can't. The junk machine he sent me has already been rebuilt and offered for sale yet I still haven't received my refund.
    I get the impression that Bill likes these posts. He might figure that any mention of his machine (good or bad) is free advertising.
    yeah i dont think he likes making people unhappy, ,you got your money coming back that should make you happy ,lol but it sounds like that isnt going to be the case.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines specialtechnique's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i may have the yellow machine sold. i will get you guys feedback on it as soon as i can.
    My personal email: [email protected].

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one of Special Techniques machines a few months ago...a brass slingshot drive bar shader that really packs in the color, at a nice slow speed. JUST received my 2nd one,...a delrin cam driven liner. And the morning after i paypalled the dough, the machine was at my house! i love this stuff....the Spec Techs run at such low voltage theyll run off USB, or a 9 v...and with an old S/R rheostat, you can vary the speed. And, Bill seems to be a thoughtful, attentive cat who
    is putting heart and soul into his innovations.

4. Like merky liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paypal has decided the claim in my favor. If the account has sufficient funds I should have a refund within five days.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    good stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    that sure sounds like we disputed john's claim, which we didn't. we approved or confirmed his 'dispute payment.' WE told paypal to refund his money, he didn't have to fight for it. there wasn't any question whether john would get his money back, and paypal didn't decide it. since we are honorable people that made a mistake, this was totally ok and facilitated by us. we feel terrible about the mistake we made, and the money is out of our hands now. john's wording makes it seem like there was some kind of battle to get his money back, and i think that's very unfair. john was separated from his cash for a while, and got nothing out of it, which sucks. i totally empathize as a tattooist of 22 years. we messed up john's week, right when he lost his job, so that sucks even worse. however, continuing to shine a bad light on us when we have done what we can and apologized profusely just isn't right. i feel like other things are going badly for john, and he's taking it out on us... by making us look bad in this community. john, please stop making us look bad. we're terribly sorry about our mistake, and your other misfortunes. it won't happen again. --bill

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say enough of this mess. end of story does not need to go further.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    I say enough of this mess. end of story does not need to go further.

I couldn't agree more and I'm sorry for subjecting everyone to it. It started out with the hopes of just getting a response. It has obviously snowballed out of control and that was not my intention.
    After the special technique post tonight, I decided I won't be baited any longer. Arguing online is pathetic and this has gone too far already.

I will post the outcome when there is one. Anything else will be replied to in pm.

I'm sorry if I've been out of line and thank you for all the forums support.

Johnny

Post Thanks / Like
    this thread has had over 1000 views. if the thread is still up, i'd say it's certainly still 'going further.' especially since most people won't read past the first few entries in the thread. i'm very unhappy, and very sorry.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by feedtheworm View Post
    Paypal has decided the claim in my favor. If the account has sufficient funds I should have a refund within five days.
    Well, this makes it sound like the issue has been resolved. The other admim has been away on business [internationally] for the last few days (and has been next to impossible to get in touch with), and has different forum moderating permissions that I do.

I've been trying to figure out how to make the thread 'go away' without breaking something on the forum (which I've been warned can happen very easily). It's not easy to do by text when one person is at the computer, and the other person is trying to instruct you by memory via text message.

The best I can do for now, until he gets back, is to close the thread so this situation stops avalanching due to misinformation.

-Johnny, I'm glad you got what you wanted and that your situation has been resolved.
    -Bill, I knew you'd come through, and that something was in the works - there was just a lot of red tape involved.
    -Admin, next time you are out in the boonies, I hope you have access to a computer [and nothing like this better happen again]