Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I only got to do an outline, lol. I love my wife but she sets horrible. And it was late last night and she wasn't feeling it so the whole thing was a constant struggle. I ran the 3.6mm stroke wheel at 8.4v don't know if that is excessive or not didn't have alot of time to horse around with it, but it seemed fine for my hand speed. I backed off the give 1 full turn. That amount of give felt good for me. I wasnt really digging the vibration I got from using the derlin grip, and the lack of weight for lining. Switched to ss ttech grip and all was alleviated. I love the derlin grip well designed. I think it will be mostly implemented with my vivace though for color work. I just think that what vibration I got from the machine surprised me a little, but like I said ss ttech grip killed that issue, so no biggie. All in all I thought it lined like a champ!, which is awesome. Can't wait to gray shade with it, that's what I really want it for, so I'll keep you posted, with all that said so far I'm loving the halo.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cagelavey; 10-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    especially this time of yr. at least out here...this is going into slow season.
    I know! Indiana slows to a crawl in the winter. Gets bad in November, you get murdered in December (except the week after Christmas) and doesn't pick up again until end of January and the beginning of February (tax season)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Post Thanks / Like
    going to do a new school piece tonight, not on my wife so chances are i'll get to finish it, lol. going to try the 3.2 for the whole piece and see if there may be less vibration with the slightly smaller cam. cant wait to see how it colors and shades! I do dig this machine a lot so far, my wife thinks its sexy(her words). I was telling her it vibrated a little, and she said well if you cant find a use for it i'm sure I can, rofl. she almost had me crying I was laughing so hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol something is wrong with me.I run mine at 9.0 volts sometimes up over 10 lol rrrrraaaahhhhhh!!!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Delrin grip is very light. Think is great for shading and running the machine slow. The aluminum one weights more and is what I will recommend if you like to run the machine harder.
    3.2 usually gets all jobs done. Never had a need to go higher. With longer throw you will feel it more with the lighter grip.

A lot of people say that they prefer TTechs over hawk and that it's a complete different. I have to agree the hawk carts have way too much tension.

Placing a rubber band will help you get a much more stable feel.

Let us know how it goes. And should you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.
    Last edited by fkirons; 10-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it! got to use it again this evening on a couple lil pieces, and I love how I can build lines with it. and backing off the give knob about 3 1/2-4 turns and gray shaded like a motherfucka! im sold on the halo, after just a couple tattoos. I couldn't really judge it from just a lil outline but getting to play around with it some I really enjoy it. and I don't care what anyone says, that give knob works wonders. I know a lot of people like doing b&g with no give but I always used soft hitting coils for some smooth grays and using the give system tonight really felt like home to me. ive gotten used to using no give with my vivace, but being able to switch it up and shade the way I used to felt good. so I will be using the halo as much as possible before this long cold winter hits me, lol. and with the 3.2mm cam and lower volts, around 7.8-8v the vibration was minimal and frankly after just a few minutes I no longer noticed. real nice machine Gaston, thanks bro.

Post Thanks / Like
    which company, sell those disposable memory foam type grip covers? id like to order a grip(no pun intended) of those, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are truetubes grip covers. I believe 25 of them are like $26 bucks

Post Thanks / Like
    http://kingpintattoosupply.com/truegrips.aspx. There ya go. I assume that is what you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure you can find them at other places too as I know supporting kingpin is looked down upon. These are made by Durb which is an awesome guy.