Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

so got my spektra halo and derlin grip today

I just got to say that I haven't had the chance to use it yet today. however straight out of the box, the look and the function of the locking system, the way the vice locks down on the grip, and the way the ttech carts and push bar fit into the grip are down right awesome! this machine was machined really well, with a no nonsense design. the grip in my opinion is one of the best designed cart grips I have seen. there is absolutely no way that the push bar can jump around inside the inner sleeve of the grip, and the way the carts lock and unlock into the grip is way easier to insert and remove than any other grip I have used. all of this is just my opinion straight out of the box I will post more when I have used it. in any event, I do know if I had any reservations, at this point they have been alleviated.

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to see you are liking it, def post your opinion on it, i love mine, its a daily workhorse. both machine and the grip, they are like long lost brothers who finally made there way together haha.

3. Like bmerck11 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    they look beautiful together! lol, I will, I think maybe a sugar skull on the wife tonight, cause its my day off today. in any event, I cant wait, uber excited.

Post Thanks / Like
    yep, i've been using the same set up for about a week and i've been happy with both so far. halo 3.2 seems to do it all. rpg is great, foot switch is really small but in a good way. i'm waiting on the disposable rpg to come out and i'll try that too.

Post Thanks / Like
    johndameart , do you rubber band your push bar? im thinking it may be better not to. I don't know though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dreviltattoo , you line with the 3.2 also? I was thinking the 3.6 for that, I guess ill see, I just like a little longer throw.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, the push bar may wear on the delrin bushing if you don't. i actually ran it yesterday w o one for a couple hrs before i realized it wasn't on there. i'm using the delrin rpg, but both versions have a delrin bushing. it runs the same either way, i just don't want to wear it out before the disposables are available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreviltattoo View Post
    yeah, the push bar may wear on the delrin bushing if you don't. i actually ran it yesterday w o one for a couple hrs before i realized it wasn't on there. i'm using the delrin rpg, but both versions have a delrin bushing. it runs the same either way, i just don't want to wear it out before the disposables are available.
    also i put a small amount of a&d on the the push bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    that's cool, thanks for the info. wouldn't want to fuck things up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    Dreviltattoo , you line with the 3.2 also? I was thinking the 3.6 for that, I guess ill see, I just like a little longer throw.
    i have the 3.6 and 4.0 cams, i just haven't had a need to change it. it lines very well with the 3.2. i only run it at 7.8v for lining and 6.8 for shading, blending, coloring.
    i have a ton of lining to do today. i'll throw the 3.6 in and see if it makes a diff.