Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    its true. i definitely think that an apprentice should have to learn to build a machine(coil) and know what all the different parts do. what compacitors do, what springs, etc., and so on and so on. but i also believe that when an apprentice is getting their hand, using a no give rotary like a bishop, neo, or any give machine with the give tightened down all the way is going to help them substantially. every time they pick up that machine it is going to run exactly the same way it did the last time and the muscle memory will be easier to develop that way. then they can experiment with give, coils, etc. its just seems the best way to go about it nowadays. imho.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea she has been tattooing for about 6 months now and can build a coil machine and tune it and tattoo with it. I made sure that she knew how to do that. I believe it is important you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    definitely got to learn what got us to this point, too many short cuts going on nowadays, people owning shops after a year/or never tattooing before. not knowing the history of the craft, etc. she's going to flip when she finally gets to use her first halo! but by learning on coils and knowing the demo she'll be able to appreciate rotaries like the halo and how they preform. that's awesome to know people still care about maintaining the integrity of the industry.