Hybrid View

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you had a chance to speak with Dale about this yet? If he isn't crazy busy, he's usually very good about answering questions. Is there a chance that you got two different machines by mistake (as in a regular stroke and one of his shorter stroke machines?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have a micrometer just right now but from what I can tell visually it is not the stroke. I haven't had the opportunity yet to speak with Dale and I'm not really expecting (or chasing) it thought it would be nice. I emailed him on facebook the first day but it was just after he had mentioned how swamped he was with all of his emails. so there you go. Regretfully I'm not the type to sit around waiting to figure out how to fix a tool that I need or can ultimately fix on my own. This is mainly just my experience so far. Really it's only a difference of 1/2 to 1 volt so I am not super concerned. Worst case scenario the machine with the red RCA will be used for one thing and the Black one for another just to keep the lineup the same for the new power supply. I havent had the opportunity to do anything yet photo worthy but both have done all that I have asked and with the exception of the running difference, reversed RCA and the little nut on the back of the RCA connection spinning loose during a tattoo there have been no major running problems. (I would also like to state that in comparison to my experience with coils this is all SUPER minor and basically cosmetic). I am so pleased with them that I am still planning on swithching over to rotary full time with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 coils, and I would also like to state that had I not ordered two simultaneously and ran them together right out of the box, I may have never noticed this difference. Now if I could only get my hands on my Bishop. Oh why have you forsaken me, Franco!? This is worse than waiting for Jail Mail. Just kidding but I did do a lot of research prior to buying and wait and shipping time were a factor for me. I don't mind in the long run but I have read everything from "10 day wait" to "2 week wait" to "next day shipping". I get the situation and the industry and it isn't really a big deal ultimately, but personally I would be fine with a "Thanks for the money it'll be there when it gets there". At least then I wouldn't keep checking or have anything to bitch about. One more question about RW though. what is the best oil for it? The card says surgical lube, I'm familiar with a great many lubes but this is one I do not know where to buy any insight would be helpful. Also is there a "right way" for RW motors to spin? I just dont want to burn them out running clockwise if its wrong. Thank you Admins for shooting the shit with me on this.