Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked mine up from a convention. No idea where you can order one.

Post Thanks / Like
    you got to call ray direct at neo-tat, or email them. its the only other way to fet them outside conventions, shows, etc. also the only way to get one custom built to a specific design.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be posting about brass wheel vs orig wheel soon as well- I've been meaning to, but with new studio startup and all, I've been lagging on all things extra-curricular!

In a nutshell, I feel as if the brass wheel in the "magic motor" lends a comforting feeling of inertia. Once it starts spinning, it wants to keep spinning. Where I used to have some trouble using round shaders, it has gotten easier for me with the new wheel- as if it has more "punch", but almost like it has a bit of bog. A friend of mine, when picking up my machine, once described it as feeling like driving a low-rider.

It has a really nice smoothness to it- less of a "mechanical" feel. It almost has the hand of a direct drive.

Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great description. Sorry I've been so busy lately and wanted more time with the machine. I prefer the weight of the brass over my other rotaries. I know everyone is all about feather light machines but it almost steadies my hand better and 7oz is nothing once you've used a 9oz machine. I've used almost every rotary brand out there now and to me this new brass drive wheel, combined with almost pure silence while tattooing, and the stay up spring has really spoiled me. It feels more effortless than other machines color packing or gray shading.

Quote Originally Posted by Alie K View Post
    I'll be posting about brass wheel vs orig wheel soon as well- I've been meaning to, but with new studio startup and all, I've been lagging on all things extra-curricular!

In a nutshell, I feel as if the brass wheel in the "magic motor" lends a comforting feeling of inertia. Once it starts spinning, it wants to keep spinning. Where I used to have some trouble using round shaders, it has gotten easier for me with the new wheel- as if it has more "punch", but almost like it has a bit of bog. A friend of mine, when picking up my machine, once described it as feeling like driving a low-rider.

It has a really nice smoothness to it- less of a "mechanical" feel. It almost has the hand of a direct drive.

Hope that helps a little.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk