Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New brass Neotat with magic drive motor

A few months back, Neotat held a contest for a digital poster so they can use it at conventions. Long story short, I won. I finally received my brass Neotat with the new magic drive motor, 3.5mm stroke and clip cord today. I will be using it on everything the next few weeks before posting a review. Weight wise, it feels awesome. Not too heavy, but not flimsy and light like most rotaries that weigh 4 oz. Just wanted to share this beauty. I'm super excited to get this machine. Ray even signed it for me, per request.

The logo is a broken pentagram from the metal band Oh Sleeper. It's basically a thumb to the nose to the popular pentagram.

photo 2 (1).jpgphoto 1.jpg
    Last edited by Heath; 10-12-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so Beautiful! I love the mottled brass. Congrats, looks like you have a very nice machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    can you please post the differences between the original vivace motor and this one? like just how it is improved. everyone says they like them and they are better but never in what way. I exspecially am interested in how the line, thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks OwlsDen. Yeah I will definitely post a review once I get to use it more.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not mistaken, the motors are the same and the only difference is the magic one has a flywheel added. Just what I've read on here though as I don't own one myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I know the flywheel is the only difference, I'm just curious add to how substantially better this makes it and in what way. I know more down force on strike, that it will run at lower volts, etc. I just want to know how this effects the neo over all

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Magic motor

Just picked one of these up. Exact same as in the picture, just a different logo on the back. The differences from the old vivace is the CAM is now larger and made almost entirely out of brass, making it heavier. And is I'm not mistaken they have changed the amps on the motor. I've set it up right next to an older model and I can say that if you don't have a vivace yet, go with the magic motor but if you've already got one you don't have to run out and get a new one. Performance wise it is very smooth with a good true hit and runs at the same volts as they always have

Post Thanks / Like
    same exact motor volts,amps everything, its just the heavier cam that makes it run different the added weight causes the motor to run different, i talked to ray and others about this.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks amazing I've got a standard orange vivace I'm pretty jealous of your new one.
    do they sell these brass ones ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contact them directly to inquire about getting a brass machine. I think these are made in limited runs so they are not normally carried by any of the NeoTat distributors.