Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, correction needed! Iv just got all the bits together and it's actually 170g give or take so more like 5.5oz. I thought I quoted it a bit heavy lol the motor is 55g with the frame 70g. I don't think an alloy frame would make a huge amount of difference.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    7oz a lil heavy for my taste, you going to make an aluminum version?
    The machine's well balanced, it doesn't seem like 7 oz. I'm pleased this forum has deemed to give this guy a chance, encouragement and sensible criticism are better than rejection. That is the beauty of this forum though, we have some great quality people here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree I just posted a thread, to thank the administration for the creation of this site. ac30, glad to see you here, hope to see a bunch of new original works from you in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ac30 View Post
    I was thinking about an alloy version but iv never alloy welded. It's a defenate consideration for the future.
    There is some med temp aluminum brazing rods ( work around 500 degrees Celsius ) might wanna give them a try. I know a lot if people here look for a machine that is around 100-120 grams. Aluminum helps a lot. Congrats on finally being a member too.

6. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    There is some med temp aluminum brazing rods ( work around 500 degrees Celsius ) might wanna give them a try. I know a lot if people here look for a machine that is around 100-120 grams. Aluminum helps a lot. Congrats on finally being a member too.
    Geez thats light, I dont know why people like such light machines but hey, horses for courses and all that! I need to get this one off the ground first I think lol.

Thanks for your kind words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting...If you ever want a Review, send me one up...I promise I won't steal it,LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    people like light machines, because they want to take as little risk with damaging their wrist as possible(carpel tunnel, tendonitis, etc.) by putting all the wait distribution in the hand and not on the wrist you alleviate this, or at least limit its potential impact. by doing so you can in hopes tattoo years longer. that's my understanding and belief at least. one thing I do know there may be a market for a 7oz machine, however I do believe there may be an even larger demographic for far lighter builds. the evidence is in all the other builds of rotary machines out there, you don't find many machines(rotary) out there beyond 4oz. and more and more people are flocking to fki's aluminum coils also(4oz.) because of the same reasoning. just fyi

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel lightweight machines, be it a Rotary or Coil build are more prone to vibration issues, obviously, this will depend on the purpose of the machine.