Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    people like light machines, because they want to take as little risk with damaging their wrist as possible(carpel tunnel, tendonitis, etc.) by putting all the wait distribution in the hand and not on the wrist you alleviate this, or at least limit its potential impact. by doing so you can in hopes tattoo years longer. that's my understanding and belief at least. one thing I do know there may be a market for a 7oz machine, however I do believe there may be an even larger demographic for far lighter builds. the evidence is in all the other builds of rotary machines out there, you don't find many machines(rotary) out there beyond 4oz. and more and more people are flocking to fki's aluminum coils also(4oz.) because of the same reasoning. just fyi

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel lightweight machines, be it a Rotary or Coil build are more prone to vibration issues, obviously, this will depend on the purpose of the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    ac30 that's much better, lol. doesn't seem like 1.5 oz would make a huge difference but it does

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree there are vibration issues, I use ttech mostly with the ss grip, I feel none of the vibrations. and it depends on the machine. my vivace has absolutely no vibration what so ever! its a double edged sword for sure, but I do believe there can be a balance in weight and little vibration. it just has to be factored in with the build

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the pros and cons of both light and heavier machines. I too have also found ally machines to give off more vibration but hey, each to there own and you to appeal to the masses.

Paul, I will get one built up and on its way to Glasgow over the next few days. PM your details. I'll

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool ac30, I will pm you...

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if there is a way to build the cam more ergonomically, as to find a way with shape or weight and see if maybe the cam could eat some vibration, or gravity spheres like on the dani fowler builds? I wonder if you can change just small little aspects without having to increase the overall weight by too much and still limit vibration?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    Cool ac30, I will pm you...
    Cool skinmech gives good honest reviews, thats if he does a review on it :-)

Sent from my nokia 3210 using Spackatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I preffer a slightly heavier machine tbf, more so for a lining!

Sent from my nokia 3210 using Spackatalk

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's not forget anatomy, the actual hands of the artist in particular, some tattooers have hands like shovels with fingers like bananas, that sort of man will prefer a heavier machine. This is the heaviest machine in my collection.............P1000354.jpg P1000355.jpg P1000353.jpg

It's a double-sided Dringenberg/Garver machine.......Very heavy, very rare.