Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree...I think a dd is all about no give...its a direct hit thats the appeal aling with simplicity....that being said...ere we go and if im talking bollox fair enough....I really feel people are put off dds cos of the hard hit and side wobble....I for one think they are advantageous....the strike hit in a 4mm stroke cam is strong...in perfect motion...and in my experience the side action actually helps ink flow...that then brings a question to me that maybe a slight side motion should maybe explored more...maybe an adjustable dd is the way forward...dan kubins springer model look very similar to what im getting at..but maybe a slide and cushioning system on a cam wheel if that can be done or a locking system rather than using the eye loop on a runner with springs either side...?? Wish I could build lol...and if any of you builders bring that cam out in a few months I want a cut and it will be named after me!!!
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The maxons I use weigh 1.8oz on there own

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dales rotaryworks i.d machine has a coil machine style frame and a cam system only 2.5 oz

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Not being a dick just saying my opinion for something for you to think about

Post Thanks / Like
    like I said before, on other post. the one thing that has always thrown me off about dd machines, is the fact that in essence my thinking was stuck on the fact that to me, they just looked to be really well designed "prison machines". for the longest time I couldn't get past that, and like you said, the needle not moving in a linear motion erked the hell out of me. from all I had learned about tuning and using coil machines, that one fact about dd machines seemed to me, to be in direct opposition of what I had learned to be right when using coils and I couldn't separate that. though now that I use carts only, I cant see that being a huge issue. I do although see how the side to side motion could actually be a very productive way to get the ink in and staying deposited well with this type of motion although not for me so much as I again, only use carts. I do however still have my unprofessional days so ingrained in my head where I used homemade dd machines, that its hard for me to find the design aesthetically pleasing. I know that this has little to do with function but with me being an artist and finding beauty and art in everything I see, a machine has to represent what it is that I find artistic and beautiful. that's why I like the flite v2 so much, it seems to me to be a very clever and unique take on the dd. its like a go around for me so I can have the benefits of a dd without what I consider an un flattering and simple design in a machine. I know I'm over thinking things and shit don't have to be that deep, but this is just me being honest with myself. so my point I guess would be I would like to see more dd machines in production that are more complex in design, aesthetics, and overall unique and new. that's what I would look for in a dd, not just another dd.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say the dan kubin dd and also the hm dd from roman look good and very modern... Best looking dd's for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on what you like too. Mike Adams makes some cool one off DDs that have a more antique look.

I live DD machines. I am waiting on one from Ikarus, however I have a few others. They make for great color packers and I think everyone should try one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my DD (NICKS), and I think the idea of the side to side wobble at the tip is a bit silly. At the tip, it is bout as linear as any machine I have used, including needle clip machines.

DSCN3417.jpgDSCN3418.jpgDSCN3424.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    with all I said still holding true, I am going to be trying my first dd soon, im gonna grab the kingpin dd and if I like then the direkt from spektra, both those designs I kinda like, so im excited