Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

direct drives?!?!

Do people still use them? Is there much demand? What do people look for in them?

I'm thinking it wouldn't take much to reengineer my current machine. Just wondering if people still bother with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is a huge demand for them right now, fk irons is releasing their spektra direkt, kingpin just released one, dale from rotary works is working on one, and a grip others. there are more and more people turning to them daily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody makes one. If you are going to dip your toe in the water, then maybe you can bring something new to the party. Maybe something new that nobody else has done. Maybe one with just a touch if give. Lots of possibilities.

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i use direct drives daily Wayne Taylor, and i have another Wayne Taylor coming i also use old timer i love them

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    i have used the hm adjustable ...very good machine and stroke from 2.5 to 5.5 - now my Wayne Taylor is on the way to me . For me i like dd more as other rotary systems.
    So i have only a gen8 and centri ,mc2 that i dont use and the dd machines

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmm, not sure really what else could be done. Lots of others doing them and doing them well an all.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah lots of them out, the only design I have seen uniquely different(just my opinion only, don't attach me, lol) is the flite v2. I really want one of those bad! it just seems to make a dd machine, the differences mainly come down to the volt/amp and torque of the motor. a dd is usually pretty basic.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the torch I think it has a give system in the flywheel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Give in the fly wheel! IMO give on a direct defies what it's about. My machine has a tiny amount of give provided by the silicone grommet that attaches the con rod to the bar. It took ages finding the right stuff but I'm there now.

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like give on my dd's that's why i love them! I would like to see one that's more compact, and lightweight.. My old timer is like 6 ounces and haven't weighed my Wayne Taylor but im guessing at 4oz but in effect its just a motor and a vice.. So i think a micro motor and a streamlined alu frame could get to like 2-2.5oz.. Maxon power.. I mean i think if you want to study the perfect direct drive you wont go wrong with a Wayne Taylor...

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_249 using Tapatalk