Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

getting maxons in canada?

Trying to educate myself a bit on motors. I am wanting to play around with some lighter weight stuff rather than the mabuchis. All shipping for maxon seems to be from switz as even for one motor it rings in at $60+. Faulhaber dont seem to have anything in a decent size with more than 3w, or relative size to the 216000. Portescap has some nice motos, especially the 16/28mm Antholix, does anybody have experience with these? They are comparable price however shipping is $10 vs $60 from maxon. Are there others out there I am missing which are more available to the states?

THanks
    Barrett
    biglug.ca

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't for get to add tax etc, Maxon will only ship with FedEx who are ruthless. What about a faulhaber 1724? There is a company in Germany that do them at a good price and they use german shipping so you should dodge the tax.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a minimum order from Maxon? How many motors do you have to order?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may have a faulhaberi can sell ya. almost no use 3v-6v motor

Post Thanks / Like
    You can order just 1 but the p + p is ridiculous

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the price end up looking like on say 10 motors, day for a beginning production of a limited number

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you get a small price break on 10 and I don't think shipping is much more for 10 than it is for 1 so I works out ok. If your only buying a couple it's really not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    can you give me an average price? pm me if you like. I was maybe thinking of trying my hand at building a couple machines just for me and maybe a couple friends for personal use, just maybe would like to see what I might be able to accomplish. that's why im asking. I know what I like in a machine and I thought it might be nice to see if I could throw some of the aspects I like in rotaries together while throwing a couple new original ideas I have about what might work to make them more suited for how I like to tattoo. also id like to create an aluminum cnc'd frame that was real sexy and original. I wouldn't necessarily try and jump on the builders band wagon per say, but id like to accomplish the ability to see what kind of original design I might be able to come up with. I by no means am trying to become a machine builder, I don't have that kind of start-up capital or any business plan to speak of at all for that matter. but it would be cool if I could come up with an awesome design, maybe I could sell and implement the design to a builder I respect if maybe they would be interested. a lot of maybe's and in all reality it will probably more than likely never come to fruition. but I am interested in at least entertaining the idea

Post Thanks / Like
    just go on the maxon site cage.

and the faulhaber is intriguing but isnt the 1724 like 2.5w? perhaps im not reading the tech sheet correctly. More to the point the 16/28mm Antholix from portescap/escap looks a spitting image of the maxon 216000, and less than $20 shipping. anyone ever use these. I have seen them come up in discussion from years ago but can find any info presently.

Nivek, which faulhaber is it?

this motor appear incredibly light and powerful. http://www.portescap.com/brush-dc/pr...8Athlonix.html
    biglug.ca

Post Thanks / Like
    this would be a good start for a project, correct? so 92.00 for a single maxon 216000 RE-max 17 Ø17 mm, Graphite Brushes, 4.5 Watt, with terminals plus 20.00 s&h, not cheap but worth having the best to have a quality product going to call tomorrow and see what the cost for ten would be. http://www.maxonmotorusa.com/maxon/v...product=216000