Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: graupner motors

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines ac30's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

graupner motors

not sure if this is the right place to put this but what are peoples opinions on graupner motors? Soon my stock of maxons will be depleted and I will have to pay full whack for them, this may well outprice my machine so im doing a little research into other brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    look to Faulhaber motors - i think the graupner motors are very weight most and incosystent .... so faulhaber is cheaper than maxon and is difficult to say maxon or faulhaber better ,i think the fulhaber have more torque )

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Faulhaber better than Maxon. They run 50-60€ a piece fora good one. I like the 9-12volt versions a lot as they don't draw a lot of amperage. However if you wanna shoot for low volts you can get 2-3 volt monstrosities.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say get em and give them a go. Rotary works use graupner so they are not short on power. In my opinion, the selling point of your machine is that it is reasonably priced. Now if you start charging high end rotary prices, for the design and weight you have, not many will buy it (no disrespect intended, I have been on this forum and see what people like and for what price). SO get the graupner and mabuchi... many of the top machines use these motors, Cranker, Neo tat, Chris Dewitt, Rotary works
    Last edited by tattood; 10-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ALso, I had a question for you in regards to the adjustable stroke. It say form 1-8mm, my question is doesn't say running 2.5mm then near 5mm put a strain on the motor because of the back spring tension?

Post Thanks / Like
    ALso, I had a question for you in regards to the adjustable stroke. It say form 1-8mm, my question is doesn't say running 2.5mm then near 5mm put a strain on the motor because of the back spring tension?
    Good shout, with the spring in a neutral position there is around 3mm of throw. Realistically I wouldn't go past 6mm or you would be starting to put a little much load on the shaft. I just put what it's capable of lol.

With regard.to the motors I would need to reengineer the machine due to the size of the can. Maxon and faulhaber make it easy as they make a motor that slots right in groupner and mabuchi have funky sizes.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there I used graupner motors for years they are a great motor but as some tattooists use low amp power supplies it will not run the motor and erly eikon ps blow up .. So I say think on them they need at least 3+ amps on a ps to run them .. I loved using them but I no longer use them I it's the Mfa motors good price and solid motors but again much bigger the the Maxon motor .. And Mfa are low amp 0.35 amp where graupner are 4. Amp .. And the graupner are 19000 rpm Mfa are 13000 rpm .. Hope this helps .... Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Dale, thanks. I had contacted them for some data sheets but am still waiting. It's a shame mabuchi or mfa don't do a 22mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mabuchi does a 22mm motor. Graupner even does a 17mm however I the graupner doesn't have enough torque in my opinion. It does have good speed. The Mabuchi is hard to find but it is a squashed can 17x22x32 and they have another that is 17x15x25 I believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and if you want model numbers I can try and remember to look them up at the shop tomorrow, I have a few around.